Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you hope that no one will ever remake?

I'm for remakes when they're done right and are needed. Like, maybe they can improve upon controls, or glitches they can finally patch. Some bad games could be fixed up by just working on the controls. 

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The original Legend Of Zelda. It needs to stay where it is as an 8-bit game. It needs to stay on a cartridge, and stay on the NES. Anything else is an abomination, and an insult.

I think that's a little overboard, but to each their own. I don't think a remake would tarnish its legacy in anyway, as it's legacy has already been cemented. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The original Legend Of Zelda. It needs to stay where it is as an 8-bit game. It needs to stay on a cartridge, and stay on the NES. Anything else is an abomination, and an insult.

Personally, it's all about being made perfect in my opinion at least. But if the remake is going to kill the originality of the game, it better stay where it is. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think that's a little overboard, but to each their own. I don't think a remake would tarnish its legacy in anyway, as it's legacy has already been cemented. 

I'm not saying that remakes should never be done. I have no problem with a remake. But there are some games that to remake them would just be obscene. The original Zelda is one of them. I would be really interested in a remaster/remake of Zelda II, or A Link To The Past. But not the original. One of my all time favorite games is Blaster Master on the NES. I would be really curious to see how a remaster/remake of that one would turn out, as long as it was the same game.

There are just some games that are, (for lack of a better term) sacred. In my eyes, it would be like trying to remake the Mona Lisa. As such, they are games that are not to be messed with. Played in the original setting, but not screwed with. You just need to know where the line is and remember not to cross it. Besides, I don't think anyone wants another FF7 occurrence. Or worse.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm not saying that remakes should never be done. I have no problem with a remake. But there are some games that to remake them would just be obscene. The original Zelda is one of them. I would be really interested in a remaster/remake of Zelda II, or A Link To The Past. But not the original. One of my all time favorite games is Blaster Master on the NES. I would be really curious to see how a remaster/remake of that one would turn out, as long as it was the same game.

There are just some games that are, (for lack of a better term) sacred. In my eyes, it would be like trying to remake the Mona Lisa. As such, they are games that are not to be messed with. Played in the original setting, but not screwed with. You just need to know where the line is and remember not to cross it. Besides, I don't think anyone wants another FF7 occurrence. Or worse.

Seriously, Square Enix better not wriggle with another Final Fantasy 7 Remake or whatever they could think of because they are definitely going to ruin all the good that the game have already. 

On 1/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, Square Enix better not wriggle with another Final Fantasy 7 Remake or whatever they could think of because they are definitely going to ruin all the good that the game have already. 

I wouldn't even bother about playing the game again should they do that. They might be even looking at getting their so called NTFs in the game if care isn't taken seriously. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I wouldn't even bother about playing the game again should they do that. They might be even looking at getting their so called NTFs in the game if care isn't taken seriously. 

With what Ubisoft and Square Enix are up to over the years, don't be surprised if they end up making another remake for the Final Fantasy 7. 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, The Blackangel said:

I get that, but in a way this helps new generations see the game in a new light. I get it's a classic, but a remake doesn't take away from that. I just view a remake as a different/separate game, paying homage to the original classic. Because let's face it, new generations of gamers aren't going to know what a NES console is. The new generation of gamers don't even know what a cartridge is. But that's ok, because Nintendo has the ability to release their classic games to their storefronts. Which means, they don't even need to remaster, or remake the game if they don't want to. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I get that, but in a way this helps new generations see the game in a new light. I get it's a classic, but a remake doesn't take away from that. I just view a remake as a different/separate game, paying homage to the original classic. Because let's face it, new generations of gamers aren't going to know what a NES console is. The new generation of gamers don't even know what a cartridge is. But that's ok, because Nintendo has the ability to release their classic games to their storefronts. Which means, they don't even need to remaster, or remake the game if they don't want to. 

I brought out one of my SEGA cartridge for my 4 year old cousin yesterday and he was like Uncle what's that? They are very far from what we played in the past and it's only few of them the ask questions towards it. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

A remake takes everything away from it. It's more than a classic. It's a staple of the childhood of an entire generation. No game prior was like it. No game since either. It's a stand alone in the entire Legend Of Zelda franchise. Play it on an emulator if you have to, but don't desecrate it by trying to remake it.

As for current gamers not knowing what a cartridge is, have you ever seen a Nintendo Switch? Granted they are tiny, and the size of an SSD card, but they're still a cartridge.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

A remake takes everything away from it. It's more than a classic. It's a staple of the childhood of an entire generation. No game prior was like it. No game since either. It's a stand alone in the entire Legend Of Zelda franchise. Play it on an emulator if you have to, but don't desecrate it by trying to remake it.

As for current gamers not knowing what a cartridge is, have you ever seen a Nintendo Switch? Granted they are tiny, and the size of an SSD card, but they're still a cartridge.

You have a very good point here, although they seem to be different in design or structure but generally they all serve the same purpose of a cartilage. Some games are really that untouchable in my opinion as well. 

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Agree to disagree. I don't see it the same way. I think if done right, with the right touch and respect to the original, it wouldn't be a disservice. If they added microtransactions, changed the story or whatever else, I'd understand. But we have remakes of other Zelda games, other classics, and they from what I see, are faithful remakes with prettier graphics. 

As well, no one is telling you that you have to play a remake if one is made. And you have every right to be against that. I'm sure many other fans would oppose it as well. The gaming community is a divided one.