Register Now
The Blackangel

Mortal Kombat 11: Is It Worth It?

I've been thinking about getting MK11, but haven't done it yet. I loved playing the ones on SNES when I was a kid. I have 1-3, but haven't really gotten back into playing them in a really long while. But I see MK11 everywhere I go, and in the eShop all the time. So I'm wondering if I should spend the money or skip this one.

Its a great game, the story mode is actually quite good, graphics are awesome and it even holds up on the switch version.  As to what I understand MK 10 is easier to learn than MK11 mostly because on MK11 you have to gear up fighter, each gear will allow you to use different abilities or gain more attack, defense or speed. And MK10 doesnt have any of that, and its much cheaper. So if you want something deep to really get into get mk 11. If you just wants something to try a modern MK game try MK10 which is actually like 5 or 6 dlls right now digital.

I just checked, and didn't find MK10 in the Nintendo eShop. But I did see that MK11 is on sale at 80% off. It's normal price is $49.99, but for the next 8 days it's going for $9.99. If I can come up with a spare $10, I'm going to pick it up. MK11 Ultimate is also on sale for $17.99. I didn't think to check its normal price, but I'm assuming that's a hell of a deal as well.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I just checked, and didn't find MK10 in the Nintendo eShop. But I did see that MK11 is on sale at 80% off. It's normal price is $49.99, but for the next 8 days it's going for $9.99. If I can come up with a spare $10, I'm going to pick it up. MK11 Ultimate is also on sale for $17.99. I didn't think to check its normal price, but I'm assuming that's a hell of a deal as well.

MK Ultimate might be the better deal, since it has the story mode dlc plus you can get to play as the terminator, rambo and robocop

Depends, are you getting into it to play at home 2 times a month with your buddies or are you trying to get into a game for a long time? Because mk11 isn't supported anymore with updates, there will be no new content, so if ur gonna buy it, make sure that is on sale.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

If I was going to buy it, I would treat it the same as the original games that started the franchise on Arcade/SNES/Sega. Just pick a character and fight. Unless the game has undergone a massive change and that's not an option anymore.

Is it worth it you say - just check out this intro:

In all seriousness, it's a fun game to pick up and play. Some of the controls are bit more complex than the original game though.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:18 PM, Head_Hunter said:

MK 11, definitely it will be thrilling to play, I've watched it via trailer couple of times, it gonna make up a tremendous playing time. 

It's a pretty entertaining game and the story isn't half bad although they did retcon quite a lot of things from the original story.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a pretty entertaining game and the story isn't half bad although they did retcon quite a lot of things from the original story.

With you sharing this wonderful experience with me, it shows you've played mk11, which means the game is a better option. I'll definitely get it this year, before March I'll go for it. 

On 2/13/2022 at 3:10 AM, Head_Hunter said:

With you sharing this wonderful experience with me, it shows you've played mk11, which means the game is a better option. I'll definitely get it this year, before March I'll go for it. 

It is a great fighting game - much better than a lot that have recently come out. The character interactions are also quite hilarious.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It is a great fighting game - much better than a lot that have recently come out. The character interactions are also quite hilarious.

What makes you see the character interaction of the game hilarious? xD. No problem, games are created to act that way and bring more fun.