Register Now
Head_Hunter

Mention the top 5 most expensive game ever produced?

Their are hosts of video games that cost more with their production and marketing, excluding sales. With the information gotten, it is believed that GTA 5 is the most expensive game ever produced . With total expenditure of 265$ million, flashed out just for it's production and marketing expenses. 

Can you mention 4 others whose production and marketing costs reached that of GTA 5? 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I would name the following ;

1. Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (250 million dollars)

2. Star Wars : Old Republic (200 million dollars ) 

3. Final Fantasy 7 (145 million dollars) 

4. Destiny  (140 million dollars) 

Which shows how expensive it is in making some quality AAA games, including marketing in order to get sales from it. When it isn't up to standard, it wouldn't attract much of the sales. 

I'm not sure if it really counts since it's a scam that will never get out of alpha, but I don't think we can have a conversation about expensive games without mentioning it.  As if now Star Citizen has raised $446 million and counting. It will almost certainly go past the half a billion mark later this year.

Final Fantasy VII spent more than twice the cost to develop it on marketing, even more the GTA5 I say right. GTA5 was the most money making game of all time, they sold so many copies and yet they did not spend that much compare to other games been mention here. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Final Fantasy VII spent more than twice the cost to develop it on marketing, even more the GTA5 I say right. GTA5 was the most money making game of all time, they sold so many copies and yet they did not spend that much compare to other games been mention here. 

It was mentioned that Square Enix spent around $145 million dollars in making the game. So, if they spent twice of that on marketing, then it would be $435 million dollars total for the game? 

I understand their much games that cost tons of dollars, I picked out GTA 5, due to the information I saw online, I am not the one that gave the information,about the video game being most expensive in terms of marketing and developing costs. 

On 4/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, egghead said:

Some of the most expensive games are cyberpunk (316 million spent in development and marketing), COD (302 million), and Final Fantasy VII (234 million)

Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be more than that $316 million dollars because it took more to fix the game since it was released. 

You can never get clear facts when it comes to most expensive video games of all time, most bloggers compile list they feel like is the best when it comes to most expensive games of all time when it comes to sales. Like, Super Mario bros sold for over 2$ billion. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You can never get clear facts when it comes to most expensive video games of all time, most bloggers compile list they feel like is the best when it comes to most expensive games of all time when it comes to sales. Like, Super Mario bros sold for over 2$ billion. 

I would have to disagree with you on this one because you can actually get the correct information from the game's official website and social media channels.