Register Now
Jayson

Used or New Games

16 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Clearly it affects it's durability, their is nothing more sweeter and lasting when you can afford a brand new game. If it's a digital copy their is no problem, since it doesn't hang over time. 

Well said bro. Getting new games are always the best.

3 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well said bro. Getting new games are always the best.

I've never had any issues with buying secondhand games. A lot of my library are used games. Being a classic gamer, I don't really have much of a choice but to get them used. But I have no problems with that whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I've made a lot of trades on CL. Games I wanted, and had extra copies to trade with someone who wanted a game I had. There is one trade I regret, but live and learn.

You were scammed or something in the one trade that you regretted getting into? 

No, I traded a game I shouldn't have. But I made the decision, and have to live with that. I traded a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for something that was nowhere near equal in value. I could have gotten the game off eBay for probably $10. I don't remember what I traded it for, but since I had 2 copies, I thought it was ok. Now I regret it.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Clearly it affects it's durability, their is nothing more sweeter and lasting when you can afford a brand new game. If it's a digital copy their is no problem, since it doesn't hang over time. 

Yeah if it's digital copy then no problems at all. I don't even like buying a used console reason why I always waited for the price to fall down to a price I can afford before purchasing it.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah if it's digital copy then no problems at all. I don't even like buying a used console reason why I always waited for the price to fall down to a price I can afford before purchasing it.

18 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

That's an option too, waiting for the price of the game to fall down a little bit and you purchase it. Digital version don't spoil nor lag, that's why I prefer it for swapping than swapping for a fairly used disc. 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

I've never had any issues with buying secondhand games. A lot of my library are used games. Being a classic gamer, I don't really have much of a choice but to get them used. But I have no problems with that whatsoever.

The first PlayStation 2 I bought was a used one. It's the big console. I didn't use this particular console up to 6 months. It was just giving me headache, I had to sell it then after which I saved more money to purchase a brand new slim PS2.

I have both the slim and original PS2. The slim being more compact had a lot of advantages over the original. The only disadvantage I can think of is having to pop the top to change discs. Whereas the big one you inserted the disc in the front so the system could take hold of it, instead of having to open it up and pop the disc on the spin mechanic.