Register Now
Jayson

Used or New Games

1 hour ago, Empire said:

I prefer digital because I can switch games without having to get up from my seat, and also, I don't have to worry about losing the cards. Aren't like the old days 

I don't have any problems with both digital video games and hard copies of it as well. In fact, I prefer console that runs both games. 

3 hours ago, Empire said:

I prefer digital because I can switch games without having to get up from my seat, and also, I don't have to worry about losing the cards. Aren't like the old days 

To each their own, but I prefer hard copies. Maybe it's related to being a classic gamer and my nostalgia kicking in. Or maybe it's just convenient in my eyes, because the first 3 PlayStation's could all play PS1 games. Without the disc there, you were screwed. Either way, it's my preference. But I will say, that having your games digital and not having to get up to change the disc if you want to play something different is definitely convenient as hell.

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I don't have any problems with both digital video games and hard copies of it as well. In fact, I prefer console that runs both games. 

That's what I've been saying all along in reference to the whole PS5 and Xbox Series X/S debate. They can all do digital. That's no question. But I constantly recommend getting the disc capable version, because that way you're not excluding yourself from anything. There could (and most likely will) be games that are only released in physical form, and it may be something that a gamer desperately wants. But since they decided to buy the digital system and forego the disc capability, they're screwed without having to buy a second system. So for a PS5, I'm happy to wait until one is available and it's not from a scalper or the extortionate online prices.

Also at the moment, I'm happy with my PS4 games. I know the PS5 has reverse capability with PS4, but I'm happy with what I have.

Older generation consoles I get used unless a new one has a good sell. And my version of ps3 isn't ps2 compatible so I can't buy digital. For ps4 I always buy new. I prefer hard disc and my favorite games I will only shop for hard disc. Others I don't mind buying digital. I don't think it's wise to always buy digital cause what if a satellite gets melted by aliens and no more internet. At least you got the discs you can always download. 

7 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Older generation consoles I get used unless a new one has a good sell. And my version of ps3 isn't ps2 compatible so I can't buy digital. For ps4 I always buy new. I prefer hard disc and my favorite games I will only shop for hard disc. Others I don't mind buying digital. I don't think it's wise to always buy digital cause what if a satellite gets melted by aliens and no more internet. At least you got the discs you can always download. 

There are some games that for special features you can only get them through physical copies. For example with RDR2, if you want the special or ultimate edition with the code that gives you all the free stuff and extra sidequests, you can only get that with a physical copy of the game. With the exception of PC.

On 3/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jayson said:

Which do you buy?  Do you buy both?  What motivates you to buy a certain way?  Myself, I used to buy used mostly due to the price, but occasionally I'd buy something new - if it was something I really liked especially.

Price isn't really a big deal for me. I can easily afford $30 to $60 games with ease. 

I can't afford such amount of $30 - $60 at ease for video games. PS3 games don't cost me much, due to the transfer of video games from laptop to PS3, just a digital version this days. I spend between $2-$4 for them at the moment, after routing it. 

If all you can think off that you don't have to get up for changing a game then i don't know, may aswell start wearing a diaper so you don't have to get up to go to the toilet anymore.

Not going to be involved into the same discussion again but not a fan of digital fan myself, 

On 3/22/2022 at 2:38 AM, Head_Hunter said:

At the juncture, I see the physical version of PS5 more preferably, since you can still play both physical and digital version games.  

When you can a console that offers you the possibility to playing both disc copies of your games as well as the digital copies, why go for one? 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

When you can a console that offers you the possibility to playing both disc copies of your games as well as the digital copies, why go for one? 

I believe the physical version is equal to the task of offering both digital and physical version of gaming. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I believe the physical version is equal to the task of offering both digital and physical version of gaming. 

If the console is designed to play both games, they will perform on the top level of it because it's supposed to do so.