Register Now
Jayson

Used or New Games

On 3/22/2022 at 2:38 AM, Head_Hunter said:

At the juncture, I see the physical version of PS5 more preferably, since you can still play both physical and digital version games.  

You're damn right, even if you just buy your games digital you still have the option of the disc drive, needless to say you have options to not being stuck to the ps store alone.

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the console is designed to play both games, they will perform on the top level of it because it's supposed to do so. 

Yeah, that's why gamers who play Xbox series as their main platform seek that version of console, due to its dual advantage. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, that's why gamers who play Xbox series as their main platform seek that version of console, due to its dual advantage. 

Some gamers don't have any sort of love for another console once they have identified the best one for them to play. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Xbox, but I do play it for a few games.

And    you    also    have Switch device   combined    with   your Xbox device.  Which   of   the Xbox   device   you    got? 

On 3/22/2022 at 1:38 AM, Head_Hunter said:

At the juncture, I see the physical version of PS5 more preferably, since you can still play both physical and digital version games.  

Yeah, it's better even if you do consider the price different. That's why I went for the disk drive version because I can then choose to buy games digitally or physically. It would be awful to be stuck to the PS Store prices especially for games that you're getting at launch which will be full price. You can always find physical copies for cheaper.

6 hours ago, Darth said:

Yeah, it's better even if you do consider the price different. That's why I went for the disk drive version because I can then choose to buy games digitally or physically. It would be awful to be stuck to the PS Store prices especially for games that you're getting at launch which will be full price. You can always find physical copies for cheaper.

About eight years ago I bought NBA Live '03 from a used bookstore in Virginia.  I paid IIRC 75 cents and it's now one of my all time favorite games.  Try doing that with a download.

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

About eight years ago I bought NBA Live '03 from a used bookstore in Virginia.  I paid IIRC 75 cents and it's now one of my all time favorite games.  Try doing that with a download.

NBA Live '03 is also one my my brother's all time greats in basketball games. I have played it a little but not as much as he does play it always. 

18 hours ago, Darth said:

With what you've said to me, I've fallen in love with PS5 disk drive version. You're one of the lucky users to get PS5 underway due to its less availability. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some gamers don't have any sort of love for another console once they have identified the best one for them to play. 

Not that I don't have love for other consoles, just that I'm more in-love with PS than any other. And I don't have much funds to look elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

With what you've said to me, I've fallen in love with PS5 disk drive version. You're one of the lucky users to get PS5 underway due to its less availability. 

Honestly I got lucky with Amazon before the console came out. I think for some reason people just weren't looking at preorders as much before so it wasn't hard to get my hands on a preorder at 9am. The hype for the consoles arrived a bit later and once the console actually came out I think.