Register Now
killamch89

South Park Can Never Be Not Funny

I was never massively into South Park but I would catch an episode once in a while and love the movie.  I did catch one episode however that REALLY put me off.  It was the one about Mel Gibson and his anti-semitic rants.  I get the commentary and Gibson definitely deserved the public bollocking that he got but the episode was WAY to over the top and exaggerated to be funny.  It was just a bunch of yelling and screaming that was barley even within context of what it was trying to commentate on.  After watching that I was like:

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

Watch this hilarious one when Cartman joined the Confederacy.

😅

That episode is one of my favourites. Like the one in the OP, I find it fascinating how the creators take a fairly mundane happening and snowball it out of proportion. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall when they're in the writing room.

6 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

That episode is one of my favourites. Like the one in the OP, I find it fascinating how the creators take a fairly mundane happening and snowball it out of proportion. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall when they're in the writing room.

I watched that episode several time and it's just pure chaos and fun ,how they manage to make a joke out of a pretty sensitive matter as that.

If you find someone willing to get us in their writers room kindly let me know cos i would definitely want to watch the whole creative process too. 😅