Register Now
StaceyPowers

Standard things you usually try to fix a bug

On 6/2/2022 at 11:07 PM, Head_Hunter said:

When the game freezes, I have no other option but to switch the console off and switch it on again. I know how weird it is, but that's the only solution for me to correct the bug temporary. 

As long as you have your progress saved before doing that, you wouldn't lose anything, so it's win-win for you. 

On 6/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, Heatman said:

From my experience, always reloading an earlier save usually helps me with such bugs. A reboot might work as well but I haven't tried that. 

Reloading helps too. That's why I always try to save my progress so as to avoid losing valuable playing time when there is a bug or glitch coming from the game, my Console or the controller and I have to reload or reboot.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Reloading helps too. That's why I always try to save my progress so as to avoid losing valuable playing time when there is a bug or glitch coming from the game, my Console or the controller and I have to reload or reboot.

When you fail to save, it's the beginning of your problem especially with games that's got too many bugs and glitches. They will eventually have you screwed over. 

6 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

When you fail to save, it's the beginning of your problem especially with games that's got too many bugs and glitches. They will eventually have you screwed over. 

If the game proves to be full of glitch or bugs as I play, I would just quit playing the game as the bugs always makes it annoying and takes the fun out of it.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

If the game proves to be full of glitch or bugs as I play, I would just quit playing the game as the bugs always makes it annoying and takes the fun out of it.

Just like how it was with me playing Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out. I never bothered much about it and stopped playing it till they got most their patches performing well recently. 

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Just like how it was with me playing Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out. I never bothered much about it and stopped playing it till they got most their patches performing well recently. 

Well, I heard about the glitches or bug in cyberpunk 2077 I don't know if it's the console users are playing it on or if it is the game itself that's full of bugs.

I haven't played cyberpunk 2077 though.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

It was just like what I experienced playing Sea of Thieves which had a gameplay defect where I was unable to use any inventory item except for bananas and cannonballs. It was impossible to complete the game's tasks with just bananas and cannonballs. 

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

Well, I heard about the glitches or bug in cyberpunk 2077 I don't know if it's the console users are playing it on or if it is the game itself that's full of bugs.

I haven't played cyberpunk 2077 though.

The game was a serious mess right from its launch on all platforms it was released on and not just consoles. 

I try to do this. It does mean missing out on the zeitgeist though, which kind of sucks. Skyrim was a buggy mess when it launched, but was probably my fondest memory of gaming, because everyone was playing it when it released, even people that don’t really play games. Overall waiting is the better solution, but not a perfect solution.

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I try to do this. It does mean missing out on the zeitgeist though, which kind of sucks. Skyrim was a buggy mess when it launched, but was probably my fondest memory of gaming, because everyone was playing it when it released, even people that don’t really play games. Overall waiting is the better solution, but not a perfect solution.

There are games you like so much and even periodical or reoccurring bugs in the game can't stop you. I think this happened to me with call of duty: vanguard or warzone where the characters head in the game were Popping out of there helmets , it was a terrible bug though it didn't affect the game in terms of action and other activities but it still sucked.

I still played that game till the end though and the bugs couldn't deter me.

21 hours ago, Empire said:

It's just like how most people are jumping into playing Elden Ring ever since it was launched. I know at least 5 of my guys that were never really into gaming but because of the publicity the game had, the got it and still play it till now. The good side of it is that it's not bedridden with bugs. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:47 PM, Clasher said:

If I can wait out for the bugs/glitches to be patched up, I will equally be open to doing that as long as it's not going to take them forever to do it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If I can wait out for the bugs/glitches to be patched up, I will equally be open to doing that as long as it's not going to take them forever to do it. 

Cyberpunk 2077 was one video game I did that with. I never tried to have a way around the bugs in the game. I just left it until they fixed most of it.