Register Now
StaceyPowers

Standard things you usually try to fix a bug

When you run into a bug in a video game, are there certain standard protocols you will try to fix it, because you have noticed they often work?

For instance, if I run into a bug in a video game, I will often attempt to load a different area and/or a different game screen, as forcing the bugged zone to reload sometimes fixes it.

Reloading an earlier save is likely the first thing i try, quiting the game to the main menu and boot it back up usually helps, in the worst case turning off the console and reload the games does the trick aswell. Some people may even go as far as doing a hard reset but i never had to do it once.

I did had to reinstall a game once because it woulden't boot up properly anymore but that was meanly due to a power outage  so my save files likely got corrupted.

I picked up a line or knowledge from watching Skyscraper where Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) wife knew that in any tech, one of the best ways to fix a problem would be to reboot the system when they were fighting for their lives in the end of movie. They had a tablet that controlled the whole building but it seems like it's suffering from a glitch or a bug, and it was a reboot that fixed it. Sorry I drifted a little there with the whole story. 

It's the only way I try to deal with bugs in games. 

On 5/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, Aniekwe said:

I picked up a line or knowledge from watching Skyscraper where Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) wife knew that in any tech, one of the best ways to fix a problem would be to reboot the system when they were fighting for their lives in the end of movie. They had a tablet that controlled the whole building but it seems like it's suffering from a glitch or a bug, and it was a reboot that fixed it. Sorry I drifted a little there with the whole story. 

I have seen that movie too, but I didn't pay so close attention to that part. And it's true rebooting helps to fix a bug or a glitch many times for me. 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:30 PM, Clasher said:

I have seen that movie too, but I didn't pay so close attention to that part. And it's true rebooting helps to fix a bug or a glitch many times for me. 

Yep, you know what, after posting that and talking about it, I had to watch the movie all over again. I still have it on my laptop and it was fun like it was the first time I watched it. 

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Yep, you know what, after posting that and talking about it, I had to watch the movie all over again. I still have it on my laptop and it was fun like it was the first time I watched it. 

I watched the movie only once, though it was a really interesting movie I had to delete to create space for other files. I might get it again and watch if I find the time to do so.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, Aniekwe said:

I always do that with my former smartphone. Whenever it keeps hanging and lagging too much, I'll reboot it immediately and when it comes back on, it would be better. 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

I watched the movie only once, though it was a really interesting movie I had to delete to create space for other files. I might get it again and watch if I find the time to do so.

It's an excellent movie. There are some movies that I would never get rid of because of the knowledge they carry. I don't watch movies for fun alone. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's an excellent movie. There are some movies that I would never get rid of because of the knowledge they carry. I don't watch movies for fun alone. 

I do same too, there are still some movies in my file storage that has been there for over two years now and  I still couldn't bring myself to deleting them. Movies like bluestory, the proposal, GI Joe just to mention but a few.

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

I do same too, there are still some movies in my file storage that has been there for over two years now and  I still couldn't bring myself to deleting them. Movies like bluestory, the proposal, GI Joe just to mention but a few.

That's just it with me and some movies. Anyone that gives me something that I can use outside the movie and likely in video games just like Skyscraper did with how to fix bugs/glitches, I'm keeping it for a long time. 

On 6/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, Dannyjax said:

I always do that with my former smartphone. Whenever it keeps hanging and lagging too much, I'll reboot it immediately and when it comes back on, it would be better. 

It's going to work well in solving that problem for your smartphone and it's all down to your phone RAM being small that such keeps happening. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's going to work well in solving that problem for your smartphone and it's all down to your phone RAM being small that such keeps happening. 

You got that perfectly right about my smartphone RAM being the cause of the too much hanging of the phone. I had lots of apps that made it so.