Register Now
Lens

Elden ring could be plalyed on mobile

1 minute ago, Aniekwe said:

Would I be interested in playing a game like Elden Ring on mobile phone? I think the answer is hell No!! Sorry, but I would stick to my console for it. 

Its through a streaming app basically, you are running the game on your PC and you can stream the screen on your phone, you can do the same thing with a ps4. Its doable but the frame rate is not the best and there is a lot of lag

5 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Thank you very much for explaining this. Based on what you have said here, I believe you are basically plying the game on your mobile device through your steam account and some emulator, is that correct?

If I unintentionally eluded that you could purchase Elden Ring (or any game for that matter) on Steam then play it on mobile I apologize.  I feel the need before anyone spends the money on it and feels like they have been mislead to make it clear....  THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS!

You can't play games on a steam library directly on your phone itself.  Steam link is service that streams titles that are installed on a PC to other devices like Phones, Tablets Smart TV's and other computers.  It's similar to the Remote Play Feature on PlayStation that allows you to play games installed on you console on the Vita.  It needs to have a physical machine with the game installed and connected to the same local network or internet in order to function.  I've not used it myself but from what I understand it's far from a perfect solution.  If you want to use it via the internet you need to keep your PC running while your out and even via LAN the latency is reportedly worse than Stadia's.

If you want to play PC games on the go the I'd say the Steam Deck (or something similar) or a gaming Laptop would be a better solution.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:33 AM, Lens said:

Playing Elden Ring on Steam, there is an astonishing feature that you probably won't know about. Steam permits players to keep playing the game on the mobile phone. whether you are away from your work area - whether inside the house or outside, you could keep playing the elden ring on Steam. I haven't try it out but I guess it's worth trying.

I'm not ever going to be interesting in playing a game as big as Elden Ring on mobile phone. It's going to be as wonky as hell with its controls. A lot of things would be out of place in the game. 

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Its through a streaming app basically, you are running the game on your PC and you can stream the screen on your phone, you can do the same thing with a ps4. Its doable but the frame rate is not the best and there is a lot of lag

It's nothing that sounds interesting to me in any way. Some gamers might enjoy that but it's definitely not me. Plus I hate it when games lag for any reason, even if it's cos of bugs/glitches. 

12 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's nothing that sounds interesting to me in any way. Some gamers might enjoy that but it's definitely not me. Plus I hate it when games lag for any reason, even if it's cos of bugs/glitches. 

Playing the game on mobile phones is just watering down the gaming experience to a point where it's irrelevant. 

8 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Playing the game on mobile phones is just watering down the gaming experience to a point where it's irrelevant. 

That's true. It's why I wouldn't even bother about it or even try to convince even a mobile game lover to play the game. 

Edited by Aniekwe

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

That's true. It's why I wouldn't even bother about it or even try to convince even a mobile game lover to play the game. 

This is why I do not play games on my mobile phone too often because I don't usually get exactly the experience I desire from the game. 

I haven't even played Elden Ring enough on my Playstation 4 which is why I wouldn't even think about playing it on mobile phone no matter how good it may sound which I'm very sure that it's not going to the same thing in terms of game's performance you get on consoles. 

Streaming could work, but I honestly don't see why anyone would play on a phone or tablet. Yeah if you have a controller along for the ride, but even then, I couldn't see myself playing such a challenging game on mobile. It could work sure, but so you really want to? 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, Dannyjax said:

This is why I do not play games on my mobile phone too often because I don't usually get exactly the experience I desire from the game. 

In most cases, I always feel that some of these games are watered down when they are moved to the mobile platform version. It's why I just still to playing games that are developed for mobile only and not games I can play on consoles that are moved to mobile phones too. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, Kane99 said:

Streaming could work, but I honestly don't see why anyone would play on a phone or tablet. Yeah if you have a controller along for the ride, but even then, I couldn't see myself playing such a challenging game on mobile. It could work sure, but so you really want to? 

Tablet would serve better for this game than regular mobile phones because of their width. But still it going to be so damn less of the experience I would get playing with my Console and my 52' inches tv.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, Kane99 said:

I have always know that to fully enjoy everything that you are meant to in any game, it's better to either play the game on consoles or PC. It doesn't matter which console you play it, it's going to give you a better feel than it's going to on mobile. 

I think playing on the steam deck would probably be the best method, considering it's a mobile device made to play your steam library. Still though, it probably won't be the best way to play it, since it will still be a bit downgraded compared to the main game on consoles and PC. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think playing on the steam deck would probably be the best method, considering it's a mobile device made to play your steam library. Still though, it probably won't be the best way to play it, since it will still be a bit downgraded compared to the main game on consoles and PC. 

No matter which way they would try to spin and sell that to gamers, it's never going to be the same thing with what you get to enjoy when playing a game as big as Elden Ring on consoles or PC. The downgrade is nothing good to write home about. It's a complete poke in the eyes!! 😑 

Edited by Heatman