Register Now
DC

Least favorite video game controller

17 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I didn't mind the Gamecub controller all that much. I do agree it was kinda rough with the button placement, but I felt overall it was a better controller than some. The Wii controller was just dumb imo. Yeah the motion controller gimmick was cool for a while, but that soon died down a bit. And now the Switch has those stupid tiny joy con controllers and honestly I'm not sure how to feel on those. 

I agree the Gamecube controller was alright in my opinion but the WII remote is stupid as hell. To top it all off, the Wii remote was quite fragile, after a few drops, it started to malfunction and at the time, they were more on the pricey side as well.

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

I call The Sega Saturn 3D controller a space ship 🛸 because of how it was structured. It was the most difficult one I had used back in the days. 

sega-saturn-3d-control-pad-useu-1567926880-48-2.thumb.jpg.a037c1d239da03b53897781c065b51c2.jpg

I remember hearing about that controller. To be honest, it doesn't look like it'd be that bad. At least the circular shape maybe, but I feel like most people would get used to it. But, I can see why it'd be a pain to use at first. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

The Wii controller was a joke. It had no redeeming features except for being wireless. I lost interest in the Wii quickly because that controller and nunchuk were hands down, the worst abomination in the history of gaming controllers.

Yeah I agree. I didn't like how small it was when you used it as an actual controller. But the motion controls were just a gimmick to me. The lasting appeal just isn't there anymore either. Nintendo was lucky with the Wii because the motion controls were what sold it. If they tried to sell the Wii today, no way would it sell like it did back then. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I agree. I didn't like how small it was when you used it as an actual controller. But the motion controls were just a gimmick to me. The lasting appeal just isn't there anymore either. Nintendo was lucky with the Wii because the motion controls were what sold it. If they tried to sell the Wii today, no way would it sell like it did back then. 

The Wii controller  was very easy for me to get ride of because there wasn't any way I could have gotten used to it. It was just ridiculous in every way it was designed. 

17 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

The Wii controller  was very easy for me to get ride of because there wasn't any way I could have gotten used to it. It was just ridiculous in every way it was designed. 

Idk, I wouldn't say it was the worst thing ever, it worked as a controller. Using it as a controller kinda worked when you turned it, but it was kinda small, so I didn't like that. It made it tougher for me to play. But I did get used to it everytime I used it. Just wish it was more controller shaped lol. 

On 7/1/2022 at 2:18 AM, Kane99 said:

I remember hearing about that controller. To be honest, it doesn't look like it'd be that bad. At least the circular shape maybe, but I feel like most people would get used to it. But, I can see why it'd be a pain to use at first. 

When you look at the handle of the controller with its circle shape, you can easily notice that whenever you are using it, almost all part of your palm would go in under it because the handle is short which would make accessing the playing buttons more difficult for you. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Idk, I wouldn't say it was the worst thing ever, it worked as a controller. Using it as a controller kinda worked when you turned it, but it was kinda small, so I didn't like that. It made it tougher for me to play. But I did get used to it everytime I used it. Just wish it was more controller shaped lol. 

To be frank, there wasn't anything fun for me with using The Wii controller. No matter how hard I tried to get used to it, just seeing it alone bugs me so much before trying to play with it. The shape was odd. It's just being wireless that's the only good feature it came with which made a little sense. 

I can't really think of any but I would say my PlayStation 1 controllers they were a bit heavier than any other controller  I have handled and after a few hours of game play they made my fingers hurt.

I didn't know how PS1 controllers looks like, I enjoyed playing with PS2 controllers, just that, they never lasted when I was using the PS2 controllers, my PS3 pads where far better when it comes to durability. 

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I didn't know how PS1 controllers looks like, I enjoyed playing with PS2 controllers, just that, they never lasted when I was using the PS2 controllers, my PS3 pads where far better when it comes to durability. 

I'm a little bit shocked to hear that you don't know what PS1 controller looked like. PS1, PS2 and PS3 controllers almost looked familiar. 

Here take a look at it in this video. 

22 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm a little bit shocked to hear that you don't know what PS1 controller looked like. PS1, PS2 and PS3 controllers almost looked familiar. 

Here take a look at it in this video. 

What with I saw in the video you shared, it is just similar to PS2, PS3, no difference at all. It seems that, all PS controllers are molded in same way, even my PS4 controller is the same with the downgraded ones. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

What with I saw in the video you shared, it is just similar to PS2, PS3, no difference at all. It seems that, all PS controllers are molded in same way, even my PS4 controller is the same with the downgraded ones. 

PS4 and PS5 controllers are different from PS1 - PS3. The designs are very different even though they might have a little bit of similarities. 

30 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

PS4 and PS5 controllers are different from PS1 - PS3. The designs are very different even though they might have a little bit of similarities. 

I still have my PS4 controller available, which is similar to what I used on PS3. I believe PS3 can be used to play PS4 games, I didn't try it because I wasn't moved, I could've tested it back then before flipping my PS3 and it's controllers off. I did not use PS1, that's why I gave you that reply earlier. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I still have my PS4 controller available, which is similar to what I used on PS3. I believe PS3 can be used to play PS4 games, I didn't try it because I wasn't moved, I could've tested it back then before flipping my PS3 and it's controllers off. I did not use PS1, that's why I gave you that reply earlier. 

This is a PS3 Daulshock III Wireless controller. 

d05040cb72412eca2d0edd7a85da6226.jpg.1896fb287fab13fb8772e2277601b74b.jpg

This is PS4 Daulshock 4 Wireless Controller. 

5a9506785e026bdadb7c19fa37f45e4d.jpg.e8f3421576e0f13557c546212f706c4c.jpg

Do you see the difference I'm telling you about in their design? 

Edited by Dannyjax