Register Now
Kane99

Games like The Sims

Are there any games that are very similar to what The Sims Offers? I mainly want a game where it's essentially The Sims, but different. Are there any Sims Clones out there? Or games that are close to the style, but different enough? I just want a game where I live a life, meet people, do a job, etc. Much like The Sims, but maybe in a more realistic style of graphics? Does anything like this exist or is The Sims the only game where you can do that? 

Now that I think about it, there really aren't that many games out there like The Sims. The first thing that came to mind was Two Point Hospital as well as the same studio's upcoming Two Point Campus, but maybe those are kind of specific and not quite what you're looking for. Another one that's similar enough that you might be interested is and older game called Black and white. You quite literally play God and make karmic choices to affect the civilisation that you preside over. The good news about this is that both the original Black and Whitethe sequel and even thier expansions are available at those links on abandonware.net for free, so there's no risk to trying them out.

My Time at Portia is a simulation RPG game some what similar to what the sims offers, in this game you are required to rebuild society by gathering resources and basically completing various assignments. It is has more action than the sims because in this you will have to fight and defeat some enemies.

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

Now that I think about it, there really aren't that many games out there like The Sims. The first thing that came to mind was Two Point Hospital as well as the same studio's upcoming Two Point Campus, but maybe those are kind of specific and not quite what you're looking for. Another one that's similar enough that you might be interested is and older game called Black and white. You quite literally play God and make karmic choices to affect the civilisation that you preside over. The good news about this is that both the original Black and Whitethe sequel and even thier expansions are available at those links on abandonware.net for free, so there's no risk to trying them out.

I was thinking two point hospital as well when I made the topic. I played a bit of it, but got bored with it after a while. It's a fun game, but it got really repetitive after a while. I'll have to check out Black and White though, sounds pretty decent. 

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

My Time at Portia is a simulation RPG game some what similar to what the sims offers, in this game you are required to rebuild society by gathering resources and basically completing various assignments. It is has more action than the sims because in this you will have to fight and defeat some enemies.

I've heard of that one, but not sure it is really the same as The Sims. But then again, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options out there similar to the sims. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've heard of that one, but not sure it is really the same as The Sims. But then again, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options out there similar to the sims. 

It's not similar to sims in terms of their character representions as the sims characters look unique, but the games is in a similar genre and both come with tasks and assignment that you are meant to complete during game play, but my time at Portia has more action than the sims as there are enemies to be defeated in the game.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

It's not similar to sims in terms of their character representions as the sims characters look unique, but the games is in a similar genre and both come with tasks and assignment that you are meant to complete during game play, but my time at Portia has more action than the sims as there are enemies to be defeated in the game.

While i won't deny the quality of my time at portia it's a exellent game that i enjoyed my time with troughly i'd say my time at portia is more closer to harvest moon/story of seasons and stardew valley then the sims. Still you could do a lot worse because it's one of the best life simulation games out there with a fairly big world and interesting story, the only damn thing is that i ended up marrying that reporter instead of the nurse. There is a sequel in the makes called my time at sandrock.

The only game i can think off that is a blatant Sims rip off is Playboy the mansion released in 2005, it's by no means as good as the sims but i guess for the time it was an okay game fromthe little of what i played and what i can remember. These days it's probably good for a few laughs as to how cringy it all is. I'm sure there are a few sims  clones out there on pc from the early 2000's but i haven't played them to give any decent info.

There is also this game called Alterlife which i read an article on last year, supposed to be a more realistic version of the sims but other then a trailer there is not much info out there about the game..

5 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

While i won't deny the quality of my time at portia it's a exellent game that i enjoyed my time with troughly i'd say my time at portia is more closer to harvest moon/story of seasons and stardew valley then the sims. Still you could do a lot worse because it's one of the best life simulation games out there with a fairly big world and interesting story, the only damn thing is that i ended up marrying that reporter instead of the nurse. There is a sequel in the makes called my time at sandrock.

The only game i can think off that is a blatant Sims rip off is Playboy the mansion released in 2005, it's by no means as good as the sims but i guess for the time it was an okay game fromthe little of what i played and what i can remember. These days it's probably good for a few laughs as to how cringy it all is. I'm sure there are a few sims  clones out there on pc from the early 2000's but i haven't played them to give any decent info.

There is also this game called Alterlife which i read an article on last year, supposed to be a more realistic version of the sims but other then a trailer there is not much info out there about the game..

I have heard about playboy the mansion, though I read more about this games than I actually play them, it's a business simulation game and still similar to what my time at Portia is, though one is about business and the other is about rebuilding society.

The sims is quite a unique video game because the characters are imaginary, my relating my time at Portia to it is because it's also a simulation game and involves daily activities of real world characters while the sims is about the imaginary character sims and family.

the Alterlife you mentioned looks like a really good game , I tried to find out more about it but it seems there isn't that much information out there.

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Yeah I remember Playboy the Mansion, but never played it. I imagine it's just meant to be an adult game and has no substance like the Sims does. I might play it now for shits and giggles. 

Afterlife sounds familiar as well. Maybe I'm confusing it with second life or something similar. That actually looks pretty dope, like a more realistic version of the Sims. I'll have to look more into that one. 

There are few games that I have played which gave the same feeling and gameplay like The Sims but the one that stood out well for me would Animal Crossing : New Horizons. The exploration you get in the game is more like it to what you have in The Sims. You don't get to work on your home but also on an island too. It's going to be my number pick alternative. 

idk what part of the sims you like the most, but if you’re looking for a game similar in graphics and detail with a great storyline, i’d try any of the Life Is Strange games. it’s not exactly similar, but when i get bored of the sims, it’s what I play.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:02 AM, Empire said:

idk what part of the sims you like the most, but if you’re looking for a game similar in graphics and detail with a great storyline, i’d try any of the Life Is Strange games. it’s not exactly similar, but when i get bored of the sims, it’s what I play.

I played life is strange, great game, but idk if it's similar enough. I just want a game where I can build a home, family, have a job, just like the sims essentially, but maybe with more options and modding as well. I don't much care for the graphics, they can be sims like or 3D realistic, as long as it's fun, I'll give it a go. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I played life is strange, great game, but idk if it's similar enough. I just want a game where I can build a home, family, have a job, just like the sims essentially, but maybe with more options and modding as well. I don't much care for the graphics, they can be sims like or 3D realistic, as long as it's fun, I'll give it a go. 

So I talked to a a friend of mine about this and he recommended playing Fable 2. I'm not sure if it's exactly a sim game but according to him, it does offer you the opportunity to get everything you just mentioned about having the opportunity to build a home, get married, have kids of your own and make friends too. You should probably have it checked out and see if it's what you're looking for. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, Kane99 said:

Well, in that case play whatever you want that you do like 😛 Even try valheim, but not me your cup of tea, but you ahve to build and try and keep alive and whatnot, it's only 2gb game size and yet it's very good to get your hands into

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Well, in that case play whatever you want that you do like 😛 Even try valheim, but not me your cup of tea, but you ahve to build and try and keep alive and whatnot, it's only 2gb game size and yet it's very good to get your hands into

I think that I have come across where this game Valheim was mentioned before, so I had to properly check it again and it's a survival and sand box game. It's comes with gameplay in Vikings settings or story. 

On 7/6/2022 at 8:24 AM, Yaramaki said:

wish they had this for the switch