Register Now
DC

What is the first cartoon that comes to your mind when you think about your childhood

On 8/28/2022 at 11:53 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

I would say.. Inspector Gadget đŸ•”ïž

My brother and I would watch this every morning right before school. Eating brown sugar Pop Tarts and coffee. ☕ That's right, Mom allowed us to drink coffee in the morning. Maybe it's a Polish thing đŸ‡”đŸ‡± I don't know. Never did us any harm

Inspector Gadget used to come on Fox Kids and I used to watch it every Saturday as well - Good times. Also, coffee in moderation is alright - it's just that too many people overdo it.

Kim Possible and The Powerpuff Girls. I also watched my share of Digimon with the Filipino English dub that aired on our Singapore network (that dub is stilted and didn't age well, but is more faithful to the original dialogue than the American dub, including having the original music and songs).

14 hours ago, Akun said:

Kim Possible and The Powerpuff Girls. I also watched my share of Digimon with the Filipino English dub that aired on our Singapore network (that dub is stilted and didn't age well, but is more faithful to the original dialogue than the American dub, including having the original music and songs).

I'm still looking for where or how to get all The Powerpuff Girls cartoon in one collection. There's no way I can never get tired or bored by the cartoon. How they fight monsters is still so fresh in my mind like I watched it few minutes ago. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I'm still looking for where or how to get all The Powerpuff Girls cartoon in one collection. There's no way I can never get tired or bored by the cartoon. How they fight monsters is still so fresh in my mind like I watched it few minutes ago. 

It is a very fresh take on superhero shows that made it so appealing for all audiences. I love how the earlier seasons especially had such clever writing that subverts your expectations and filled with lots of witty humor. Plus, HIM is just one of the greatest villains of all time, hands down.

15 hours ago, Akun said:

It is a very fresh take on superhero shows that made it so appealing for all audiences. I love how the earlier seasons especially had such clever writing that subverts your expectations and filled with lots of witty humor. Plus, HIM is just one of the greatest villains of all time, hands down.

You're right about how evil HIM was in the early seasons of Powerpuff Girls in the 1998 version of the series specifically making the first appearance in episode Octi Evil. 

On the other hand, Mojo Jojo happens to be my top pick favourite villain in Powerpuff Girls after his mutation. 

On 9/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, Heatman said:

Some of the jokes in the Powerpuff Girls were so perverted but it was so subtly done that nobody noticed. For instance, the mayor and his secretary's interactions were always suspect.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:43 AM, Happenstance said:

Probably not a shock given my avatar but the first one that popped into my head when I read the thread title was the 90s Spider-Man animated series. Loved it as a kid!

Same. How the heck did I miss this fabulous post by a fellow Spider-Fan? lol

Christopher Daniel Barnes was my go-to Spidey for a long time, even when people started supporting Josh Keaton (justifiably so). It's more of a nostalgia kind of support, I'll admit, and Josh is technically the better voice actor, but I loved CDB as Spider-Man Noir in Shattered Dimensions, a role that should've gone to him in Into the Spider-Verse as well. Oh well.