Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does the PS5 have widespread problems with manual saves?

I have had seemingly unrelated problems involving freezing on manual saving in both The Outer Worlds and Skyrim on PS5. I have seen some people complaining about similar problems in other games on PS5 as well. Does anyone know if this is a widespread issue on this system? Are these problems related, or coincidental?

I think that it's a general problem with Skyrim because I have seen multiple complaints of the same issues from other gamers. One guy mentioned about losing all his 4 manual saves after creating a new character and it autosaved. 

That's an issue with your game, my friend that owns a PS5, who gifted me PS4, doesn't encounter such kind of manual save bug playing his favourite games. At least I've watched him play 'FIFA 22, GT 7 without experiencing such. 

Depends on the game, not all of them. I hear many can't save. I've seen so many comments about that second boss bricking savegames in metroid vania. Yeesh, I was really looking forward to this game on  PC but think I'll wait.

Freezing happens to a few games even on ps4 when you want to manual save.

For the PS5 I think it has to do with the video game itself as I haven't really heard any complain about such freeze from people I know who actually owns a PS5

Not sure what it could be. Could be something to do with your internal storage maybe. If it freezes up when you try to save it might be the hard drive. Maybe the file is corrupt or you don't have enough space. 

23 hours ago, Empire said:

Depends on the game, not all of them. I hear many can't save. I've seen so many comments about that second boss bricking savegames in metroid vania. Yeesh, I was really looking forward to this game on  PC but think I'll wait.

Whatever it is that's their problem with games and manual saves in Playstation 5, I certainly hope that they would have all of that problem fixed by the time I get my own Playstation 5. I'm stressing it because I'm a big fan of mauanl saves than autosaves in all my games. 

That's what I like about PC gaming over to other platform you have more free around you to avle to save and do more, even if you saved the game.. You can go into your files where the saved files are and copy and double save the fies again LOL 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

That's what I like about PC gaming over to other platform you have more free around you to avle to save and do more, even if you saved the game.. You can go into your files where the saved files are and copy and double save the fies again LOL 

And also the possibility of modding your games which is even more reason why some gamers prefer playing on PC than on any other gaming platforms. 

To be fair, I've had this issue with Skyrim and the Outer Worlds on PC and it just magically sorts itself out over time. That being said, it's difficult to answer this one as I personally haven't heard any PS5 owners I know or have encountered mention this issue. Have you tried to find a possible fix on any gaming sites/ Youtube/Playstation forum?