Register Now
DC

PSVR 2 To Release in Early 2023

Nice, and it's not too far away either. I'm going to guess it won't work on the PS4, which is fair considering they have stopped working on the PS4 side for the most part. 

It sounds very promising, it's going to look really good I think. I really wish I can try VR one of these days. 

Looking forward to seeing the impact of the HDR display and the higher graphical performance from the eye tracked foviated rendering, the latter has been a curiosity of mine for years but I have a feeling I may be slightly disappointed as even in my peripheral vision I think I will be able to tell it’s lower resolution from aliasing flickering, though for years I’ve been dreaming of it being perfect, maybe it will be, either way I’m excited to see it, and having the darker darks and lighter lights I feel will be very impactful too.

The excitement for PSVR2 has been marred somewhat by the announcement that PSVR2 will not be compatible with the original PSVR games. A full report from IGN.

Now, I understand that there has been significant changes between the interface and control systems between the two generations of PSVR, but I still call bullshit on the claim that they can't make the original PSVR games work on this new system. For Sony, it's just another anti-consumer move in this generation.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

The excitement for PSVR2 has been marred somewhat by the announcement that PSVR2 will not be compatible with the original PSVR games. A full report from IGN.

Now, I understand that there has been significant changes between the interface and control systems between the two generations of PSVR, but I still call bullshit on the claim that they can't make the original PSVR games work on this new system. For Sony, it's just another anti-consumer move in this generation.

They're just too lazy to figure out a way to make it work. They probably think it's a waste of their time to support the past games in the process. I can't imagine it'd be hard. So many VR games on PC seem to be compatible with various headsets, so it just sounds dumb that they can't figure out a solution. I can't imagine it's much different in terms of how the games control. 

12 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

They're just too lazy to figure out a way to make it work. They probably think it's a waste of their time to support the past games in the process. I can't imagine it'd be hard. So many VR games on PC seem to be compatible with various headsets, so it just sounds dumb that they can't figure out a solution. I can't imagine it's much different in terms of how the games control. 

Like I said and be fair to Sony, there has been advances in the interface with haptic feedback and eye tacking, so new games for PSVR2 do have to be built to work with those systems, but I still don't think that the older games couldn't have been made to work with the new PSVR. People would accept playing the PSVR1 games with some of the new features disabled and obviously not running at the same resolution.

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's shocking hearing they weren't going to have it support the original PSVR games. It's the height of where their laziness can get and a way to show their fans, they don't care much about them. It's just like how they are plan on ending making any new games for PS4 and now they won't allow PSVR2 to be compatible with its predecessor. 

It's not shocking at all - they still haven't got backwards compatibility to work with a good number of PS4 titles and let's not get started on PS3 titles despite the emulator having the capacity to emulate all the way back to original PS games. I think we even discussed this before the PS5 ever came out. I know they did this on purpose just to get PSVR owners to upgrade.

PlayStation seems to be the gaming company that are already working on their own VR headsets , I don't think Xbox has got a VR headset yet.

I don't own a VR headset yet but I like how they are making them more and more which would make it more readily available and easily accessible.