Register Now
Kane99

The Mortuary Assistant, anyone play it?

I've been seeing a lot of YouTubers playing the The Mortuary Assistant recently and I was wondering when it blew up? I heard about it before, but never gave it much thought. Then I see everyone on YouTube playing it. And honestly it does look like a scary fun time. Here's the trailer: 

And someone playing it: 

I am really surprised to see that it has so many positive reviews on steam, considering that it is completely unplayable due to the number of bugs. I think they have bought reviews, because literally, even after the update patch, I grabbed the yellow note and the game was bugged and I couldn't continue

It's also being streamed a ton on twitch and YouTube. It's huge right now, reminds me of how phasmophobia blew up with people streaming it non stop for a while. Glad to see a game like this get some recognition. Though I doubt I'd play it myself.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

No and I don't want to either. I just don't find it very entertaining - imagine a whole game about being a mortician? No thanks!

That was exactly my thoughts as well. One must have enjoyed scary stuffs enough to be able to play this kind of game. I will definitely pass as well.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:04 PM, Ajibusu said:

I can't get myself to play it at the moment! The mortuary assistant is a game for gamers that like horror scenes and while it sits well with me, this is not a good time to play it.

For me it's just the jump scares side of it. I hate when games and movies do it. I like that it does kinda do jump scare good though. It's not just right in your face, it's too the side most of the time. I might play it one of these days with friends, but I don't think I'd be able to play it alone. lol

23 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

That was exactly my thoughts as well. One must have enjoyed scary stuffs enough to be able to play this kind of game. I will definitely pass as well.

I like Horror games but the fictional ones with zombies not this cemetary kind of crap.

This sure looks scary to an extent and for a game like this I wasn't expecting it be interesting and wouldn't even bother about getting it, but the game play video you uploaded made it look less of a crap and something someone could enjoy playing.

I can't say I have played it Mortuary Assistant myself, but I do know about it due to a YouTuber that I watch quite frequently who plays a lot of horror games, Daz Games (Daz Black) and he not only really does get into the game, but he makes it entertaining to watch as well. I will admit that I have been quite interested in trying this game but at the moment I have not got around to trying it. The game sure does look scary though and I'd probably really have to push myself to play it as I am not overly keen on horror games, but I do like to try them.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:07 AM, Shortie said:

I can't say I have played it Mortuary Assistant myself, but I do know about it due to a YouTuber that I watch quite frequently who plays a lot of horror games, Daz Games (Daz Black) and he not only really does get into the game, but he makes it entertaining to watch as well. I will admit that I have been quite interested in trying this game but at the moment I have not got around to trying it. The game sure does look scary though and I'd probably really have to push myself to play it as I am not overly keen on horror games, but I do like to try them.

I do enjoy horror games and follow a few YouTubers as well , I have seen a few reviews on this game but haven't been too interested in it to want to try it.