Register Now
Akun

Greetings From Singapore

Hi everyone. I was looking for a new community to settle down in and found this place via Google. I enjoy RPGs and adventure games, particularly games where your choices affect the story like Mass Effect and Detroit: Become Human. I got into Shin Megami Tensei games recently and I'm currently playing through Devil Survivor: Overclocked on my New 3DS. Aside from gaming, I also like to binge-watch older TV shows like The Sopranos and The Wire, but I haven't had much time to do that ever since I got into the SMT-binge. Oh well.

Feel free to ask me any question so that we can know each other better. 🙂 I hope to see you guys around soon.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

if you like Shin Megami Tensei games i'm sure you feel right at home here as many of us do.

Sounds great. 😄 I am enjoying the SMT games so far, so I'm glad to see more fans around.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

Just promise you'll keep some time left over to post on vgr because Smt games can be quite the time sinkers.

No kidding. Devil Survivor in particular is consuming the most of my time so far with its annoyingly tricky victory conditions. I can't even rely on the typical Atlus paid DLCs to boost my level up for an easier game because there is none for DeSu. It reached a point where I just feel like giving up on cracking the skills during battles and just get it over with by defeating the enemies ASAP, regardless of whether I've succeeded in cracking the skills.

27 minutes ago, DC said:

Welcome to VGR! We're glad you found us! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you too. 🙂

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Welcome to the VGR forums, hope you enjoy your stay!

PS: Nice to see another Wire fan! "What's a Baltimore Knot?" 😅

Thanks! 🙂

I really need to get back to watching The Wire and The Sopranos someday. I had to stop when I went on my SMT binge, pausing all the shows I was watching. I just got started watching season 2 of both Wire and Sopranos too (and season 2 of Breaking Bad as well).

The Wire is a tough show to watch though because of its pacing. lol I had to replay certain scenes sometimes because I would miss out on what the characters were talking about. It's easier to follow the show though than say... Mad Men, which I was also watching season 2 of.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:54 PM, Akun said:

Hi everyone. I was looking for a new community to settle down in and found this place via Google. I enjoy RPGs and adventure games, particularly games where your choices affect the story like Mass Effect and Detroit: Become Human. I got into Shin Megami Tensei games recently and I'm currently playing through Devil Survivor: Overclocked on my New 3DS. Aside from gaming, I also like to binge-watch older TV shows like The Sopranos and The Wire, but I haven't had much time to do that ever since I got into the SMT-binge. Oh well.

Feel free to ask me any question so that we can know each other better. 🙂 I hope to see you guys around soon.

Welcome ^.^,

The Sopranos are def one to finish! The ending is a really good TROLL moment haha.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:54 AM, Akun said:

Hello Akun 🙂

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you around the boards.

~Melanie

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

This is the only one I could find that had his whole bit on it, so ignore the second half.

Yeah, Singapore loves its security. It's not exactly my favorite country despite growing up here, especially since I grew up on American media preaching all about freedom, and Singapore, while it's no North Korea or even China, isn't quite the free country as America. But the fact that I could type this and even say this in public without being executed though means it's at least free enough.

And I can't exactly complain either, since the security means I could walk around in my neighborhood at 3 in the morning without worrying about getting murdered. It's a safe country.