Register Now
Kane99

Do you feel like Netflix is producing more crap versus good quality programming?

Netflix has produced a ton of programming for their streaming platform. So much so that I'm starting to think they're just letting anyone make movies on their platform. Movies like the recent Grey Man for example, are movies that have massive budgets, but don't really show for it. The Grey man was dark and bland. I had some fun with it, but it felt like another action thriller that had no staying power. But now Netflix is making a sequel and I honestly don't care anymore. 

They've been making some weird shows and movies as of late. A lot of weird reality shows, along with some crappy movies like The Kissing Booth 1 and 2, or something like Tall Girl. I know they want to produce content for everyone, but I think they like to greenlight just about anything these days because they're desperate. 

What do you guys think? Do you think Netflix is getting lazy with their programming? 

They still have great shows and movies on the way, it just feels like they're allowing more stinkers on the platform than usual. 

Netflix, along with Disney, was pandering to BlackRock Investment and Larry Fink's ESG rating score, which explains why their content feel kinda bland over the past decade. I heard that Netflix has been trying to separate itself from such company policies recently, however, by releasing something like Dave Chappell's stand-up shows which definitely tanked their ESG score massively due to the controversial content it contains.

Yes and no

I think it really depends, like for example on one end we have great shows like Castlevania, Arcane, stranger things but on the other hand we have shitty productions like the recent Resideng evil show or the death note adaptation

Basically Netflix has a lot of content, more than hbo, disney or prime, but more doesnt always equal to quality

I think that the company is still struggling with losing a lot of revenue with their subscribers dropping. They are now being pressured with their releases which most of them doesn't meet good standards. They are seen a couple of their series terminated and they are still making the same mistake. 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:52 AM, Akun said:

Netflix, along with Disney, was pandering to BlackRock Investment and Larry Fink's ESG rating score, which explains why their content feel kinda bland over the past decade. I heard that Netflix has been trying to separate itself from such company policies recently, however, by releasing something like Dave Chappell's stand-up shows which definitely tanked their ESG score massively due to the controversial content it contains.

Disney is working on two movies now - Mufasa The Lion King and Peter Pan & Wendy. I just hope they put more effort into it, otherwise they are going to fail woefully. 

I don't even put my eyes that much around Netflix. According to my cousin and my mom that enjoys watching Netflix's movies, I'll say, they shouldn't being anything streamable to their channel for users to fill their eyes. I prefer one good quality movie than 10 low quality movies, I can even watch that one quality movie up to 10 times.  

On 9/14/2022 at 8:24 PM, kingpotato said:

Basically Netflix has a lot of content, more than hbo, disney or prime, but more doesnt always equal to quality

This is where their problem is centered! They are taking too much that they can be able to do more justice to. They just cancelled one of their TV shows First Kill this August. 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, Heatman said:

This is where their problem is centered! They are taking too much that they can be able to do more justice to. They just cancelled one of their TV shows First Kill this August. 

They cancelled First Kill? Well, that's disappointing. I watched that and thought it was pretty good. I t seams like Netflix expects everything to be Stanger Things in terms of success, and it it isn't it get's axed.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, kingpotato said:

Yes and no

I think it really depends, like for example on one end we have great shows like Castlevania, Arcane, stranger things but on the other hand we have shitty productions like the recent Resideng evil show or the death note adaptation

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (takes place in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe) also looks pretty good as well.

On 9/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Shagger said:

They cancelled First Kill? Well, that's disappointing. I watched that and thought it was pretty good. I t seams like Netflix expects everything to be Stanger Things in terms of success, and it it isn't it get's axed.

I can't agree with you less , if a series becomes successful beyond their expectations they would proceed to make more like it without giving it any thought and they could even cancel any show that might seem to hinder them from getting those series or movies out on time.