Register Now
melanie_marie27

Does anyone still read the newspaper?

And I'm talking the good old-fashioned black and white newspaper delivered to your door..

Nowadays, it seems people turn to the Internet, their phones, the news, or even social media for the latest updates on pretty much anything.

The Macomb Daily keeps calling our house. I suspect they are slowly going out of business.

What about you guys - anyone still get the daily/weekly paper?

I haven't regularly read a newspaper in years, to honest I think tabloids are mostly full of crap.  They claim to report "News" but always from some kind of bias, not to mention printed papers are always at least day out of date not exactly kind to the environment.  I know some of these problems exist with online articles too but you can check their sources and it's just much more convenient.

Edited by Crazycrab

I can't remember the last time I read a printed newspaper. It's been ages but what I usually read often are magazines because they always have it at one of my favorite hotels. Also, some buses here have magazines in it that I read once in a while. 

I don't, but I can say that we sell a decent amount of newspapers in the store I work at. I can't speak for currently, but the last time I ever went to London newspapers were popular on the trains and people would even leave theirs behind for the next person who sits in that seat to just pick up and look through if they so wished. I did that one time (picking up someone else's paper they left behind) and got ill though, so I wouldn't do it again. XD

On 10/30/2022 at 1:36 PM, Moonface said:

I don't, but I can say that we sell a decent amount of newspapers in the store I work at. I can't speak for currently, but the last time I ever went to London newspapers were popular on the trains and people would even leave theirs behind for the next person who sits in that seat to just pick up and look through if they so wished. I did that one time (picking up someone else's paper they left behind) and got ill though, so I wouldn't do it again. XD

Yeah, that's definitely not hygienic at all - I'm kind of glad I don't physical copies of the newspapers because if my dog got it before me, my yard would be littered with it.

I have not read the newspaper at all in a long time. I sometimes will read it if eating at my favorite diner while waiting for food though. As others said, I may read like the sports section or read the comic book strips.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:22 PM, Kale said:

I have not read the newspaper at all in a long time. I sometimes will read it if eating at my favorite diner while waiting for food though. As others said, I may read like the sports section or read the comic book strips.

The whole issue I've always had with newspapers, it's always the negative events they put at the front and the more positive events are buried deep in the paper.

I used to always get it delivered Monday to Saturday and get the Sunday paper as well that was through a different publication. It turned out that it was cheaper to read it online. It's a bit different reading it online than on paper as you have to zoom in occasionally. But it's just as good.

It has been a very long time since I ever bought or had a newspaper delivered to my house at all. I always find the latest news I need on either the world wide news or on my local news website and I don't feel the need to buy a newspaper anymore. I can understand why some people will still use this method though and why they are still printed as there are many people that just prefer a newspaper or do not have online access to see the news online.