Register Now
AJH

Need game ideas

If you think something that's Minecraft-like would appeal to your child, The Blockheads is a phenomenal 2D implementation. There are a few non-friendly creatures, but they cannot kill you, they just make you tired (you move and work slower until you sleep).

Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Where's My Water/Perry/Mickey, and Fruit Ninja are all iOS classics that have level progression, but if your kid likes puzzles they are all great apps with simple touch controls and bright, appealing graphics.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, Empire said:

If you think something that's Minecraft-like would appeal to your child, The Blockheads is a phenomenal 2D implementation. There are a few non-friendly creatures, but they cannot kill you, they just make you tired (you move and work slower until you sleep).

Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Where's My Water/Perry/Mickey, and Fruit Ninja are all iOS classics that have level progression, but if your kid likes puzzles they are all great apps with simple touch controls and bright, appealing graphics.

Angry birds and Fruit Ninja will be great ideas for the kid. I don't know much about puzzle games for kids, but I doubt it is something that will interest someone who is just 4.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, Ajibusu said:

Angry birds and Fruit Ninja will be great ideas for the kid. I don't know much about puzzle games for kids, but I doubt it is something that will interest someone who is just 4.

I playe dthem, and it's any age based games, I mostly did angry birds while back in e days when I had to take public transport and I can get bored waiting to get back home 😛

16 hours ago, Empire said:

I playe dthem, and it's any age based games, I mostly did angry birds while back in e days when I had to take public transport and I can get bored waiting to get back home 😛

My point is that you don't need to focus fully on the game in other to make money. There is always going to be moments you play Angry Birds just to kill boredom. 

It can sometimes be difficult to find games especially for younger children as it always tends to be the popular games that get advertised more so than any other games and these games tend to be for people much older such as teens or even adults. It all really depends on if you are looking for free or paid. I know some games are available as part of Apple Arcade which is a gaming subscription service which is $5 a month.

Run Sackboy! Run is a great game for someone of the age you are looking for and it's also FREE. This game is the mobile version of Little Big Planet. It's a runner platform game and in the game the player can run and collect, bubbles, coins and stickers which will increase your score through the level. Each level will give you more tasks, so it makes it different each level you reach. 

Rayman Adventures is another game you could try with your child that they may enjoy. This game is also FREE! In this game the player runs through trying to find secret eggs that protect the sacred tree.

Another great one is Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. This one is also free and if you have ever heard of or seen animal crossing or even played it yourself, you will know how much fun can be had in this game. 

I hope these have helped a little. I would definitely recommend looking into Apple Arcade though as there are a lot of games in there that are suitable for a 4 year old that would be worth checking out. 

A lot of the games I play are word games, like Word Cookies, word search, and Wordle. Other games are games where you shoot colored balls trying to clear the screen by hitting balls of the same color. Bubble Pop! is a good one in my opinion. 2248 is a really good game. You simply find runs of numbers and swipe your finger along the run. Whatever you swipe determines where how high the block is left. For example, where I am in the game so far is where two 7's would combine to 15. Three 7's would get you 30. The numbers double for each level. I also have a spot the difference game, Sudoku and Ball On A Rope to name a couple. Sudoku may be too complicated for a 4 year old, but the app I have gives a lot of different challenge levels. I play it on extreme as everything else is just too damn easy for me. Some of these games may offer an educational angle, like Word Cookies, but they're all good for children. Even adults can get addicted to them.