Register Now
Shortie

Have you ever played UNO on console?

So this past Christmas, my youngest son took an interest in UNO and wanted me to get him the UNO cards as a Christmas gift. I managed to get these for him and even though he understands much of the rules for UNO, he does struggle on some things and I felt that if he was able to play UNO on say Xbox or Nintendo Switch he may learn in a little better than him being told as he has a tendency to seem to be listening but doesn't really take it in and he seems to learn better when playing. 

I myself have UNO on my Xbox as I bought it a few years ago when it was on offer and even though I enjoy it and have played it a few times, it's kinda just sat there. I also noticed that UNO is on offer on the Nintendo Switch as well which would be perfect for my son as he could play it on the go if he wanted to. 

Have you ever played UNO on console? Do you find it easier to learn on the console than say playing with the cards?

I played on PC, but not on console. I remember some 360's came with Uno for free when you purchased a console. But I didn't get the same when I got my 360. Still though, Uno is a lot of fun when you can get friends together. As for it being easier to learn than the actual card game. I think it is a lot easier. With the video game, it pretty much walks you through it all. While the card game itself can take a bit of getting used to. For example, it took me a while to get used to saying "Uno" when you have one card left. I heard if you don't hit Uno in the game, it gives you a bunch of cards for failing to do so. At least on PC it did.

Nope, I have played the real deal 😜 Uno in my hands and I can feel and touch it. In fact I still have the Uno cards laying around. Yes, I also have Uno on Epic and have around 50 hours worth of fun time with people and whatnot. it's been awhile said I last played it now 😛

I tried playing Uno on a console and then it didn't work for some reason. I think they quit updating the game on whichever console it was. I loved playing Uno on my phone though! It was a lot of fun, in fact I forgot all about being able to play Uno on the phone. Might have to look into it again. 

I've never played UNO on a game console, my spouse was obsessed with it for a little bit and they played it on the Switch. I like playing UNO here and there, though I don't think I want to play against random strangers on the internet. I wouldn't want UNO to take up space on my console's storage, I'd rather have the space for other games. I usually don't play video game versions of board games.

16 hours ago, CoryAR said:

I too have never played UNO on console. I could try playing it on my iPhone, but it seems like the type of game I'd rather play with my family IRL than over a screen.

I also have the phone game myself from the app store and  have been playing it on and off in my spare time. You play against real people and have a lot to work towards including a battle pass that is free and you can upgrade to a paid one. 

It is a game I would recommend on mobile if you are unable to play the console version 🙂