Register Now
Shortie

Do you still play GTA V?

GTA V will be 10 years old this year and that is quite a long time for a video game to still be quite busy and popular. Rockstar have definitely ensured that they released updates to keep the game fresh and enjoyable for their players and I feel that shows with how popular online is on this game. My eldest son started playing GTA V over Christmas again and he has been having a lot of fun with it and is quite surprised himself how much fun he is having even now the game is almost 10 years old.

Do you still play GTA V now? What keeps you playing if you do still play?

I started playing GTA 5 for the 1st time about a year ago and I'm still playing it. It's up there as one of my favorite games. Despite the hype and the multiplayer, it has a reputation well earned as a legendary game. I don't even play multiplayer, just the storyline and the bonus Director's Mode where I can tear things up without worrying about consequences. I would have liked to try multiplayer, but I'm just really not into that sort of stuff. Not that I wouldn't love it, I'm just not motivated to pay a subscription just to play multiplayer. GTA 5 has a great story, great gameplay, great satire, great graphics, and fun as hell. I also like how the characters grow on me and being able to switch characters to play. The driving is one of the best I've played in a game. And for a 10 year old game, it holds up in every possible way well into this new generation of games. 

I have GTA5 installed and yet it has been almost a years since I last open her up, in fact it was just FiveM related that was open for the base game. I used to do hours and hours of FiveM Roleplaying back in the day for GTAIV days 🙂 and since I moved on with life and whatnot it has stopped. GTA5 for me I have been playing it since 2013 on the release date and so I have over 2K if not more 😛

I'm into flying in MSFS nowdays and no idea if I like to get back into it, then again if GTA6 comes then that might chnage

It seems GTA VI can't come soon enough for many. I know that many still play GTA V because it is the most recent game and still heavily updated but once you have played it and got burned out on it, you are going to want to see a new game for sure. It was leaked a little while back but still nothing in terms of any release yet, has anyone heard any news about a GTA VI release or are we still in the dark on that one?

I play it every so often, kinda just do my own thing or just do races. A lot of the game is really just kinda boring now or people just going at it with the best weapons/equipment in game which kinda ruins the fun of just exploring or hanging out with friends only.

On 1/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, Syntax said:

I play it every so often, kinda just do my own thing or just do races. A lot of the game is really just kinda boring now or people just going at it with the best weapons/equipment in game which kinda ruins the fun of just exploring or hanging out with friends only.

Yeah, I noticed you can get a lot of trolls in the game now who have a lot of weapons and equipment that you can not compete with and it can ruin the game experience which is a shame. I tried the races a few times myself and I did really enjoy that. 

On 1/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, Shortie said:

Yeah, I noticed you can get a lot of trolls in the game now who have a lot of weapons and equipment that you can not compete with and it can ruin the game experience which is a shame. I tried the races a few times myself and I did really enjoy that. 

It's always been bad in GTA online. From GTA IV to GTA V, you'll always encounter these trolls and annoying gamers. It just comes down to ignoring them, fighting back against them, or putting on passive mode so they can't bother you anymore. I usually do the latter. 

Have been playing it since release and I still do play it quite frequently especially GTA online and despite its issues, I do like playing it on PC. The only thing I can say is that I have started to play in more private lobbies with friends to avoid the hackers and toxic people in-game.

9 hours ago, aerodynamik said:

It's ridiculous to see how they are milking it. I loved it and sometimes think back on how much fun I had with my friends. But they seriously need to come with GTA 6 soon.

I love GTA online but with how the current releases are - they are definitely milking it. Rockstar isn't addressing the cheaters/modders/hackers on PC and it's just utter chaos. The vehicles get more expensive with each passing update and a good number of them are worse than the previously released ones.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, aerodynamik said:

It's ridiculous to see how they are milking it. I loved it and sometimes think back on how much fun I had with my friends. But they seriously need to come with GTA 6 soon.

It's because people still happily play it. I may not be one of those who still enjoys it, but you can't argue there is a big audience of gamers still enjoying GTA V, and Rockstar knows this and continues to pack it with content. 

But, when you've played the online mode as much as I have, you can only play so much until it starts to get boring and repetitive, and GTA V was that for me. I enjoyed it early on and for many years after, but I just lost interest in playing it online and I think it's time for a change and time for a new game. 

Plus, gamers still buy their shark cards. Rockstar is making a ton off of them. 

On 1/24/2023 at 1:48 PM, Kane99 said:

It's because people still happily play it. I may not be one of those who still enjoys it, but you can't argue there is a big audience of gamers still enjoying GTA V, and Rockstar knows this and continues to pack it with content. 

But, when you've played the online mode as much as I have, you can only play so much until it starts to get boring and repetitive, and GTA V was that for me. I enjoyed it early on and for many years after, but I just lost interest in playing it online and I think it's time for a change and time for a new game. 

I stopped playing GTA V in recent weeks when I found out about this...

On 1/24/2023 at 7:48 PM, Kane99 said:

Definitely. It's still a good game, don't get me wrong. But everyone should just stop playing so they have no other choice than to release GTA6.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:41 PM, aerodynamik said:

Definitely. It's still a good game, don't get me wrong. But everyone should just stop playing so they have no other choice than to release GTA6.

Oh for sure. I still think it's a great game, I'm just played out on it as I've played too much as it is haha. I used to play online a lot, but I felt it was way too much of a grind and got bored after a while. The money you need to have anything is crazy. It's partly why I quit, because you need so much money to get anywhere. 

They'll stop playing when Rockstar stops supporting it or when they release the new game. But until then, they're going to pack as much into GTA V as they can before GTA VI comes out.