Register Now
Shortie

Do you trust social media for video game rumours?

Social media is one of the places you will find a lot of rumours fly around in regards to video game rumours, video game update rumours or even new console rumours. 

Some outlets on social media are trustworthy and you find they tend to only post rumours that are confirmed but then you will get accounts that will post rumours just because they can without any confirmation. 

When it comes to social media and video game rumours, do you trust it or are you sceptical? 

When it comes to social media and video game rumors, I tend to be skeptical. There's often a lot of misinformation and speculation that gets circulated, so I prefer to wait for official announcements or reliable sources before believing anything.

I have seen some credible gaming rumors on Twitter which have made me to mark such accounts I sad those rumors. As for Facebook, I will always take whatever I saw there with a pinch of salt. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It depends on who's the one relaying that information. Off the top of my head, Kotaku is probably one of if not the most reliable source of gaming news in the industry although they do get things wrong occasionally.

Yeah, that's very correct about how reliable most of the rumors and update Kotaku brings to the gaming fans. I've following Kotaku for years in which I have been impressed so far. It's never a 100% guarantee the update will be true. Sometimes, it's a hit or miss. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct about how reliable most of the rumors and update Kotaku brings to the gaming fans. I've following Kotaku for years in which I have been impressed so far. It's never a 100% guarantee the update will be true. Sometimes, it's a hit or miss. 

Silent Hill Remake came to mind as well as the Xbox buying Metal Gear IP and getting Kojima to create another MG game.

23 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Silent Hill Remake came to mind as well as the Xbox buying Metal Gear IP and getting Kojima to create another MG game.

The latest update from Bloober Team that's incharge of Silent Hill 2 remake is that the game is in the final stages of development. It will be console exclusive to PS5 with a PC release too.