Register Now
Keranov

Best screen size for playing?

I find when playing games on a mobile device of some kind like a mobile phone or a tablet if it's too small I struggle. My daughter has an iPhone SE and she has Fortnite on it and trying to play that on a device that small is definitely not possible for me. 

I find myself something around 10" is sufficient enough for me to play a game on and be able to play it comfortably. I have a 10" tablet myself that was bought for me last year that is amazing for playing games!

For majority of the people and gamers the ideal size ranges from 4.7″ to 5.2″. I find if the screensize is to big to small I struggle to play games on the Android. You also want to make sure the phone is fit for purpose and can fit into your pocket and is portable. Most of my "Mobile Gaming" I do on my tablet. It has a higher storage capacity and an excellent resolution and  has a slightly bigger screen which means it's more suitable than a Mobile Phone.

Edited by XXInfectedXx

I have the Huawei P30 Pro and when I am playing certain games I find I struggle sometimes. As much as I am able to play, hitting the right area on the screen can sometimes be difficult I have found depending on the screen size. 

A few years ago I did have a tablet that I was using for games and it was a 10 inch screen. I found that much better to use for playing mobile games than my phone but unfortunately, the laptop battery died on me and I have not been able to replace it. 

I think the bigger the better, maybe around what the Steamdeck has now days. I can do smaller of course, but I think the size of the Switch and SteamDeck would be good. Or a smartphone even, as most new smartphones have decent sized screens. 

6.6 inches or larger - if you're going for big screens, just get a tablet for mobile and emulation gaming. Retroarch is my preference because it has a lot of emulators for different platforms in one setup. Plus lots of guides, support and updates. It works wonderfully on my s8+ tablet.