Register Now
9Online

What computer brand do you own?

I currently have the Ember from DELETED

Cost only £500 and I can manage QHD at 120hz, for that price I don't think many can beat it

Moderator Edit: Whilst it is fine that this topic has come back to life, it looks to me now this particular post was meant to be affiliate spam to begin with, so what I'll do is keep the topic open, but I've removed the link and brand name from this post and quotes.

Edited by Shagger

On 12/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, DiggerDave said:

I currently have the Ember from DELETED

Cost only £500 and I can manage QHD at 120hz, for that price I don't think many can beat it

BULLLSHIT!  Not only is the top end £1000+ 2080Ti not even cable of 4K at 120FPS, the Novatech PC you just posted there has no dedicated GPU at all!  Why are you lying?

On top of that I can build pretty much the exact same machine for around £50 less:

AbGq2AN.png

Edited by Shagger

On 12/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, DiggerDave said:

I currently have the Ember from DELETED

I'm going to have to agree with @Crazycrab, this is very suspect. There's no way that office workers station you talking about there is even close to capable of that. In fact, I'd be stunned to find it cable of running video games at all outside of browser games, games that are really old, really low end in terms of hardware requirements, and stuff like solitaire from the Microsoft store. It only has an APU (A CPU with integrated graphic processing capabilities, but very limited), and not even a particularly strong one at that, so it's graphics capabilities are very low end to the point they're barely even there.

79588205_10157817228977863_1623679671486 

At least the other PC shown here on the store page actually has a dedicated GPU, but even that one is nowhere near capable of 4K (UHD) gaming. To explain how I know this for a fact and to comply with this threads topic, here is my current gaming laptop, The ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV 2060 model;

80005572_10157817286572863_3020970143627

When I bought, it was actually cheaper than that, around £950, but that's beside the point. I also installed a 2TB SSD for more storage on mine. Anyway, back to it.

Twice the RAM (16GB instead of 8GB), a dedicated GTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 that's far more power than 1650 in the OTHER Novatech machine and certainly more that Ryzen 5 3400G APU. The CPU in my laptop is actually similar in terms of performance, but it is still newer and with a slower base clock at 2.4Ghrz, but faster boost clock at 4GHz and that's the speed it'll run in game, so it is a faster CPU in game and able to dedicate all its power to CPU related tasks instead of splitting it with graphics processing, so a much higher performance overall.

The most interesting part in terms of the point I'm trying to make is the panel, or screen if you prefer. It has a max refresh rate of 120Hz and Full HD (1080p) resolution, not UHD (4K). The reason for that is the people who built this knew that a 4K panel was pointless on this because the GTX 2060, a significantly more powerful graphics processor than either of those Novatech PC's have, is not a 4K capable card (4K on a laptop is pointless anyway because the screen is too small to make any noticeable difference). So it is baffling that @DiggerDave can claim that as a 4K 120Hz gaming machine, it just isn't possible.

So @DiggerDave, I don't know if you're lying or if somebody conned you into buying this letting you believe it could do 4K gaming, but trust me it can't.

Edited by Shagger

On 8/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, Zro said:

ThinkPad T and X series are monsters with user replaceable parts. A wise purchase for long-term use.

Only thing about Lenovo is their build quality is better compared to Dell and HP. But apart from that they dont' have much added RAM and the graphics powert in most of the models. 

If I have money to spend that I would surly go for Dell's ALIENWARE AURORA R11 which comes with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9,Dual NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 8GB GDDR6 with NVIDIA NVLink SLI® Enabled and Up to 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s which is enough for me. But I have old Dell computer which is good enough to play my gaming.

39 minutes ago, JackO said:

If I have money to spend that I would surly go for Dell's ALIENWARE AURORA R11 which comes with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9,Dual NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 8GB GDDR6 with NVIDIA NVLink SLI® Enabled and Up to 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s which is enough for me. But I have old Dell computer which is good enough to play my gaming.

I think for the price of that machine, you can have lot better MSI or the ASUS or even other brands with similar configuration. Dell's alienware is inflated with pricing. 

4 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think for the price of that machine, you can have lot better MSI or the ASUS or even other brands with similar configuration. Dell's alienware is inflated with pricing. 

Yes I know but the problem is that in New Zealand we have limited products available so we don't have choice otherwise it will cost extra money to bring in country so this is better option for us to play game unless if someone know how to build a PC.

The better option to play games is a calculator. Hell is the worst abomination in the history of electronics. I had to repair them nonstop when I took electronics in high school prior to dropping out. The entire tech school had me running around from class to class so much fixing the pieces of shit that I could barely take the damn class. The teacher was working on the all the time too. We would get them back online, only for them to crash again the next damn day. The school didn't have much choice in the matter for a couple years because they had signed a contract with Hell. But as soon as that was done, they literally threw all of that shit in a dumpster, and upgraded to HP. They never had a problem again.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

My girl had an Acer, and she had nothing but problems with it. She hates the whole brand now. I've never used one, so I can't comment on it, but she won't go anywhere near them.

This is my first Acer PC, and I'm thankful with it.