Register Now
StaceyPowers

Portrayal of women in video games

Honestly I don't care. I am paying for gameplay not for feminism in the game. I hope that SJWism stays away from the gaming and other things. It has destroyed society in many ways already. And it continues to do so. If this sort of SJWism continues to get in the gaming. I am sure that people will stop playing those games and move to franchise which are not SJW. 

On 2/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I thought I’d start the customary thread to discuss the portrayal of women in video games, since I don’t think anyone has.

How do you feel about how women are portrayed in games? Does it bother you, or are you largely okay with it? Why or why not?

I'm not sure what's the issue. I grew up in an insensitive time when none of this stuff really mattered - Nowadays, everything is offensive. I got chat banned for a couple hours on Fortnite because I told a teen to stop acting like a little girl. I swear this generation would never survive Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 2 Xbox lobbies.

I'm not sure we are getting the correct message of the topic.
There are great games where women are protagonist, Lara croft, Horizon zero dawn , Metroid, Resident evil etc. I can go on and on with the list.
I dont think most of us will be bother by playing as a women, but in most videogames women characters tend to be sexualized. 

Maybe it will be best if a girl had an opinion on this topic instead of us men.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:24 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure what's the issue. I grew up in an insensitive time when none of this stuff really mattered - Nowadays, everything is offensive. I got chat banned for a couple hours on Fortnite because I told a teen to stop acting like a little girl. I swear this generation would never survive Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 2 Xbox lobbies.

Indeed. People are so damn sensitive. And the issue that they are trying to portray women as strong by increasing the restrictions on men. In nature that is not how one becomes strong. But then again this generation is so weak they won't survive the war if it happens. they cry if they don't get games, iphone. Winning two and three games is like being prime minister type achievement for them. 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I thought I’d start the customary thread to discuss the portrayal of women in video games, since I don’t think anyone has.

How do you feel about how women are portrayed in games? Does it bother you, or are you largely okay with it? Why or why not?

Women tends to be over sexualised quite a lot. The thing I don't understand, when buying armour in game. It covers more of the male, for females its limited to just wearing a bikini. Where's the logic in that? When have you ever seen a woman in the army fight in a war in just a bikini? 

2 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

Women tends to be over sexualised quite a lot. The thing I don't understand, when buying armour in game. It covers more of the male, for females its limited to just wearing a bikini. Where's the logic in that? When have you ever seen a woman in the army fight in a war in just a bikini? 

It's pretty much become a meme at this point, but I think some games have gotten better at female armor, even if it still tends to be a bit of an issue in fantasy titles.

17 hours ago, Alyxx said:

It's pretty much become a meme at this point, but I think some games have gotten better at female armor, even if it still tends to be a bit of an issue in fantasy titles.

It's mainly just a bunch of horny teenage boys and males that get to fantasize over a character that isn't real. Since gaming at first was such a male dominated area. They just naturally decided to make their women more appealing for me to purchase the games. Now that more females are starting to play video games, it would be difficult for them to change that style.Maybe over time they will who knows

2 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

It's mainly just a bunch of horny teenage boys and males that get to fantasize over a character that isn't real. Since gaming at first was such a male dominated area. They just naturally decided to make their women more appealing for me to purchase the games. Now that more females are starting to play video games, it would be difficult for them to change that style.Maybe over time they will who knows

Sexualization has never bothered me personally.

I think their representativeness has grown a lot over the years (definitely, today they had a much larger space than years ago). However, is far from reaching the threshold that the male side achived. Maybe, in a few more years, women gain the power they deserve.

Edited by Shine_Spirit

13 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I think their representativeness has grown a lot over the years (definitely, today they had a much larger space than years ago). However, is far from reaching the threshold that the male side achived. Maybe, in a few more years, women gain the power they deserve.

Gone are the days when women sit back and allow men to take all the glory and spotlight, now they are all out for it with men and they are doing relatively well from my perspective. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Gone are the days when women sit back and allow men to take all the glory and spotlight, now they are all out for it with men and they are doing relatively well from my perspective. 

Yes, they've been fighting so hard for their place in this market and they deserve every single space they can get. Most of male players still need to learn that... But guess what, with or without them, women will get there!