Register Now
kingpotato

Popular games you haven't played

7 hours ago, Executor Akamia said:

If I tried to list them all, I'd be here all night, honestly.

Instead, I'll list maybe 5.

• Fortnite
  • Apex Legends
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

I'm going to steal this list and add a few more games like:

• FIFA
  • Minecraft
  • NBA2K
  • PES
  • World of Warcraft
  • Skyrim

2 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I'm going to steal this list and add a few more games like:

• FIFA
  • Minecraft
  • NBA2K
  • PES
  • World of Warcraft
  • Skyrim

I've never played and don't intend to play NBA 2K - I heard it is packed with microtransactions and that is a definite no-no for me.

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

This sentence breaks my heart.

That sentence was doctored, and you know it. 😶 I was talking about Fortnite when I mentioned Minecraft.

I mean, it's true I'd rather play Minecraft over Skyrim, but that wasn't the context. It's very difficult to sell me on fantasy settings. Not impossible, just extremely hard. It can be argued that MC is a fantasy setting, but it's not nearly as in-your-face about it, and there are many ways to reskin it so that it's less apparent.

Edited by Executor Akamia

8 minutes ago, Executor Akamia said:

That sentence was doctored, and you know it. 😶 I was talking about Fortnite when I mentioned Minecraft.

I mean, it's true I'd rather play Minecraft over Skyrim, but that wasn't the context. It's very difficult to sell me on fantasy settings. Not impossible, just extremely hard. It can be argued that MC is a fantasy setting, but it's not nearly as in-your-face about it, and there are many ways to reskin it so that it's less apparent.

Alright, but still you confirmed it: "I'd rather play Minecraft over Skyrim" Thats what breaks my heart... 😞

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Alright, but still you confirmed it: "I'd rather play Minecraft over Skyrim" Thats what breaks my heart... 😞

I don't really think of it that way, to be honest. It's kind of apples to oranges as far as I'm concerned. If I wanted a somewhat fair comparison, I'd pick a Fallout game from 3 onward. In fact, I have played a Fallout game before and enjoyed it. Still haven't finished, but I might pick it back up again sometime soon.

3 minutes ago, Executor Akamia said:

I don't really think of it that way, to be honest. It's kind of apples to oranges as far as I'm concerned. If I wanted a somewhat fair comparison, I'd pick a Fallout game from 3 onward. In fact, I have played a Fallout game before and enjoyed it. Still haven't finished, but I might pick it back up again sometime soon.

I was just making a joke about you choosing Minecraft over Skyrim...Anyway you should give it a try someday it plays a lot similar to Fallout, I'm a big time fan of Skyrim so thats why it hurts when you choose Minecraft first.(I dont really like Minecraft)

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I was just making a joke about you choosing Minecraft over Skyrim...Anyway you should give it a try someday it plays a lot similar to Fallout, I'm a big time fan of Skyrim so thats why it hurts when you choose Minecraft first.(I dont really like Minecraft)

I think I'll pass, thanks. It's just not a game for me.

I was unable to enjoy World of Warcraft for similar reasons. The gameplay was nothing new for me; I've played several clones, including Star Wars: The Old Republic. But the setting... Even the most sci-fi thing about the game, the Draenei, weren't enough to keep me going there.