Register Now
DC

Best way to sell new video games?

I have a collection of new video games (both digital codes and physical copies). I give free copies to the VGR writing staff and to our members through Bid for Rewards, but sometimes I still have left over copies. Are there any reputable online marketplaces to sell my digital codes and physical copies? What is the best place to go? Is Gamestop an option? I like Gamestop because I can get my guaranteed cash and not have to worry about chargebacks or potential issues. What do you have guys recommend? 

Digital copies are tricky. Most places won't take them. Physical on the other hand is different. You can try GameStop, but they usually won't offer you much. eBay would probably get you more. Also with eBay you can set a minimum price if you want to take bids, or if you want a specific amount you can just offer it as a "buy it now." Or you can set it up with both. So I say go with eBay.

Try eBay. With eBay, you can upload a free listing and set a minimum price or alternatively, you can list your digital game as a  "buy it now" if you prefer. The choice is yours. You can do both if you like. 

A bidding website is your best option and please let me know how you get on with selling the games online. 

I think there should be a section where you can see the amount of games left to give away. If the regular members can see that regularly in some way they can get the bid for that. I think one thing that can be done on this point is hold some sort of contest. I think this can be lot better option to sell the game. 

I've posted a few things on Facebook Marketplace and Ebay and will let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully I don't run into flaky or difficult people. That's really my only concern.