Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

Are the Console Wars Over?

Recommended Posts

Many things happened in the last few years, Cross play appeared, Xbox its getting more focused on the multiplataform gaming sharing their exclusives with Nintendo, Nintendo itself came up with the Switch and now owns the mobile gaming market (they successfully killed the ps vita). Only PS4 remains the stubborn one but technically there is no more console war right now.

Is the Console Wars Over or will it comeback on the next generation ?

(The PC Civil war seems to be starting, Steam vs Epic 😂) dont hate me I dont know a thing about steam or epic, just a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Many things happened in the last few years, Cross play appeared, Xbox its getting more focused on the multiplataform gaming sharing their exclusives with Nintendo, Nintendo itself came up with the Switch and now owns the mobile gaming market (they successfully killed the ps vita). Only PS4 remains the stubborn one but technically there is no more console war right now.

Is the Console Wars Over or will it comeback on the next generation ?

(The PC Civil war seems to be starting, Steam vs Epic 😂) dont hate me I dont know a thing about steam or epic, just a joke.

The console wars will always be there but it won't be quite as prominent with Crossplay. I am already preparing for the PC Civil War as we speak *pulls out anti-Epic banners*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Many things happened in the last few years, Cross play appeared, Xbox its getting more focused on the multiplataform gaming sharing their exclusives with Nintendo, Nintendo itself came up with the Switch and now owns the mobile gaming market (they successfully killed the ps vita). Only PS4 remains the stubborn one but technically there is no more console war right now.

Is the Console Wars Over or will it comeback on the next generation ?

(The PC Civil war seems to be starting, Steam vs Epic 😂) dont hate me I dont know a thing about steam or epic, just a joke.

I think the console fanboys are still around tbh. However, it’s been such a one-sided console war this generation (between PS and XB) that XB fanboys have retreated with their tails between their legs. It could all change next gen, though, and it could get more heated. In general, I always find Nintendo fanboys to be like Switzerland. Neutral ground, ha. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may be in more of a "cold war" state at the moment. There are always going to be people that are hardcore loyal to one brand and want all others destroyed. There are going to be people who really don't give a shit as long as the game is fun and the controller doesn't hurt their hand and is easy to use. We may end up with a thing like the restaurant thing from the movie Demolition Man, if anyone remembers that. There were franchise wars and the only one that survived was Taco Bell. So in the future all restaurants were Taco Bell. The same thing may happen with games. But If I had to put my money on one, I would say Nintendo has the best shot at that survival. I mean how many kick ass systems have come and gone during the Nintendo lifetime? Granted they were idiots when they backed out of their deal with Sony, but still. Yes Xbox and PS are killing it in the console market, and Nintendo is keeping up fairly well, but it's seemed to lag in the past before and came out on top.

Edited by The Blackangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console wars in a nutshell:
Microsoft vs Sony
Nintendo watching from the sideline
Google stepping in but nobody giving a crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DylanC said:

I think the console fanboys are still around tbh. However, it’s been such a one-sided console war this generation (between PS and XB) that XB fanboys have retreated with their tails between their legs. It could all change next gen, though, and it could get more heated. In general, I always find Nintendo fanboys to be like Switzerland. Neutral ground, ha. 😂

Yeah definitely Xbox had his ass kicked this generation 😂 
 

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

Console wars in a nutshell:
Microsoft vs Sony
Nintendo watching from the sideline
Google stepping in but nobody giving a crap.

There is no room for another player, I dont why google is even trying.😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question should be will it ever end? I'm not sure it's going to be happening any time soon because the war is deep down in the core of consoles. 

It will keep getting hotter as the day progresses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Console wars in a nutshell:
Microsoft vs Sony
Nintendo watching from the sideline
Google stepping in but nobody giving a crap.

Great analogy!

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah definitely Xbox had his ass kicked this generation 😂 
 

There is no room for another player, I dont why google is even trying.😆

It's Google so it's going to be a half-assed mess like Google Plus! 🤣 Google is like "we have this amazing technology that maybe exists but it'll do this, that and the third!" Gamers: "Oh God! We don't want a Google Pixel Console with Android support! Get back in your corner!"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...