Register Now
Jayson

Freak Console Accidents

One I can think of is when a little kid pours a drink in the console or maybe puts jelly in it. 😀  OK, well, adults or older kids could do the same by accident.  Anyway, how would you deal with it?  Would you get another console?  Would you repair it?  Who would repair it?  Could you do it yourself?

Edited by Jayson

I have never had a spill or anything like that, I am pretty anal when it comes to my systems and games and I keep them pretty safe and fresh.  However, back in PS3 days I did get the dreaded yellow light of death.  For that I went online and found a how to video to completely take it apart and re-heat sink the CPU to the motherboard.  That was a fun project and it was cool to see the inner workings of the console.  And it worked, so totally worth it compared to buying a whole new one.   

On 8/20/2018 at 8:19 AM, Jayson said:

One I can think of is when a little kid pours a drink in the console or maybe puts jelly in it. 😀  OK, well, adults or older kids could do the same by accident.  Anyway, how would you deal with it?  Would you get another console?  Would you repair it?  Who would repair it?  Could you do it yourself?

I find it very difficult making use of a repaired console or controllers. It doesn't feel right again for me after the repair. The last time my PS4 controller got damaged, I had it replaced.