Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Is framerate important to you?

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

I would personally say that framerate is only really important in competitive games. In single player games it doesn't really matter as much as you can probably compensate for the low framerate somehow. But in competitive gaming you need the game to feed you information as fast as possible.

@Alyxx speaking absolute facts - the higher framerate does help in FPS games but response time is also just as important especially in fast-paced competitive games.

Some folks who are into 4K monitors swear by the frame rate. And that can be interesting for anyone who has better refresh rate on the monitor. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Some folks who are into 4K monitors swear by the frame rate. And that can be interesting for anyone who has better refresh rate on the monitor. 

4K monitors are still somewhat of a gimmick because 4K resolution still isn't an industry standard so most people won't spend the money to purchase one and most video games do not make any use of the technology at all and we're in 2019 currently.

I go back and forth. Sometimes Iove the silky smooth framerate on the 1080p settings in MLB The Show, other times I marvel at the 4K settings.

In years past, 4K produced an unbearable framerate, but it's ok in this year's game.

Posted (edited)

Out of all the things I consider when I'm looking to grab myself a game, I wouldn't say that frame-rate comes to the top of my list of considerations. All I care about at the end of the day is that my game plays well and that I am going to enjoy it. It's certainly not something I pay attention to anyway, 

Edited by Martin Berisford

On 7/8/2019 at 3:24 PM, Martin Berisford said:

Out of all the things I consider when I'm looking to grab myself a game, I wouldn't say that frame-rate comes to the top of my list of considerations. All I care about at the end of the day is that my game plays well and that I am going to enjoy it. It's certainly not something I pay attention to anyway, 

It does help in competitive games like FPS but I certainly don't prioritize it a lot either. I just want a very smooth, enjoyable experience.