Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest console you own?

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's really a shame that GT games isn't available on PC if I remembered correctly because when I checked last, they were online available on consoles. 

If someone can mod the PC version of the GT, what could be the upgrades one can do to the game if it's available on PC? 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Does anyone know which video game console is the first ever made? I am think about Sega Saturn version being the number one on the list. 

I think that it's the odyssey series, Atari Home Pong and Coleco Telstar series which all was popular in 1972 to 1983. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that it's the odyssey series, Atari Home Pong and Coleco Telstar series which all was popular in 1972 to 1983. 

I'm only familiar with the Atari Home Pong which I never really got to play that much with because I didn't happen to own it for myself then. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, Boblee said:

Yeah-, I saw the Atari console, being made around mid 70s. I didn't get to know about 'Coleco Telstar series, with what you've said I believe it's simply one of the oldest. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah-, I saw the Atari console, being made around mid 70s. I didn't get to know about 'Coleco Telstar series, with what you've said I believe it's simply one of the oldest. 

Coleco Telstar series isn't older than the odyssey series from the research that I have made on these console. 

On 10/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, Boblee said:

How you guys know about these? Had you own them in your childhood? I had played on Sega console for the first time in around 2002. For me, that's the oldest console I had played. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

No, there is nothing like Sega Odyssey but there is Arcus Odyssey which was a video game released for Sega Genesis Console in 1991. 

Thanks alot for clearing the air and feeding me with the right information concerning the oldest console ever existed which is "Sega Genesis console. 

On 11/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, Razor1911 said:

How you guys know about these? Had you own them in your childhood? I had played on Sega console for the first time in around 2002. For me, that's the oldest console I had played. 

If you come from a family of long gamers, you're definitely going to know more about these old consoles that most new generation gamers aren't privileged. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:51 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks alot for clearing the air and feeding me with the right information concerning the oldest console ever existed which is "Sega Genesis console. 

You're very welcome my friend. It's not a big deal to share an information and make corrections where and when necessary. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You're very welcome my friend. It's not a big deal to share an information and make corrections where and when necessary. 

It's a platform where we have all come to learn from one another, so it's something that's expected. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're welcome indeed my good buddy. We are learning everyday in this VGR forum, I'm grateful. 

Edited by Head_Hunter