Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest console you own?

8 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

We still have our PS2 with about 10 games. We don't play it because it's in the basement packed away. There is also a Wii with a few games as well as some accessories that came with it. Maybe someday I'll hook them up to see if they're still working or when my daughter finally gets a tv I can dump them at her apartment.

It's only my SEGA Saturn that's packed away in my closet like that but for all my older PS consoles, I gave them all away. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most people actually are focused on buying the latest PlayStation 5 and some people are also still focused on buying PlayStation 1. It's a thing of choice.

Yes, is thing of choice my dear. Either you buy the latest console version or simply head over to buying the retro version of a console. Provided it's pleasing to you by serving the purpose you bought it for, then no problem. 

8 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, is thing of choice my dear. Either you buy the latest console version or simply head over to buying the retro version of a console. Provided it's pleasing to you by serving the purpose you bought it for, then no problem. 

Personally, I really appreciate those old school gamers who still have a very big thing for all those old consoles and are very proud to still play with them. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I really appreciate those old school gamers who still have a very big thing for all those old consoles and are very proud to still play with them. 

They deserve the praised because they are still keeping the culture of playing both old and new games together which shows that the spirit of gaming remains in the mind long time, no matter when you played a game last. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

They deserve the praised because they are still keeping the culture of playing both old and new games together which shows that the spirit of gaming remains in the mind long time, no matter when you played a game last. 

Seriously, it's very rare for you to see such kind of gamers always now because most of us have been taken by the beauty in the new games and its graphics. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's very rare for you to see such kind of gamers always now because most of us have been taken by the beauty in the new games and its graphics. 

Yes, such kind of gamers are rare no doubt. Because most of the new world gamers are simply in for the improved game-play and the graphics surface of any video game.  

17 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

We still have our PS2 with about 10 games. We don't play it because it's in the basement packed away. There is also a Wii with a few games as well as some accessories that came with it. Maybe someday I'll hook them up to see if they're still working or when my daughter finally gets a tv I can dump them at her apartment.

I do that very often with my old Nintendo 64 because I don't want it to lose its functionality for being dumped for too long. 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Provided you get what you ordered you shouldn't worry about much of the cost, which I know Amazon doesn't over charge their customers. 

I don't really think buyers makes mistakes with choosing what they ordered because they are going to check it over and over again before paying. It's during packing that it gets mixed up most likely. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I don't really think buyers makes mistakes with choosing what they ordered because they are going to check it over and over again before paying. It's during packing that it gets mixed up most likely. 

Seriously, it's something that's happened to me on more than one occasion when after my order but in packaging, another product was sent to me. 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, Boblee said:

At times they make mistakes via selection of product seizes, colours etc, due to misinterpretation of those options. This happens when you aren't acquainted with the product description, maybe as a beginner that isn't accustomed to buying items online. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's something that's happened to me on more than one occasion when after my order but in packaging, another product was sent to me. 

The only bad thing when that happens is the delay in returning and having another - the right product sent back to you. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

The only bad thing when that happens is the delay in returning and having another - the right product sent back to you. 

Seriously, that can really suck big time because it messes up all your schedule and timetable for playing a particular game.