Register Now
killamch89

Toxic Gamer Entitlement Is An Absolute Myth!

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the thing about influencer in the streaming space is that they don't point out the bugs but focus on other glitter stuff too. So I think argument does have weight from both sides. 

It really doesn't though because those journalists aren't very objective in their analysis of all games. They try to push their agendas on us the gamers for demanding the basics of a good videogame - functionality, fun, fairly-priced right out of the box.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:25 AM, skyfire said:

Depends I guess. Calling a good game bad because you don't like it is different than game being actually bad. 

Of course and to some degree, a good game can be bad and vice versa depending on the subjective views of the gamer. Case and point being Duke Nukem Forever which I personally think is a great game, while others may absolutely hate it.

He makes a lot of good points, and I agree with most of the video. But a lot of the blame falls on us as gamers. Yes developers are putting out unfinished and broken games. But we're BUYING them. If we were to NOT buy them, then the entitlement of game companies would decrease significantly. They're sitting there thinking,

"We'll just put out half of what they expect. Who cares if it crashes? They'll still buy it."

The more money that is thrown at a major corporation the less they work. Or maybe it's the less they try. Either way, they give us shit, and we sit there and take it. We want quality, but they just say "We'll give you what we give you."

How many games have been so short that they were easily beatable in one sitting? How many games are notorious for crashing? How many games make an anthill go

😳🤯

We're partially to blame for them all kissing their own asses.

Edited by The Blackangel

There is no such thing as "entitled gamer" as a customers it is our right and duty to be picky and vocal about products we should be buying. It's called criticism. Customer should not be a pelican that swallows everything thrown at him.

On 5/9/2021 at 10:13 AM, Empire said:

There is no such thing as "entitled gamer" as a customers it is our right and duty to be picky and vocal about products we should be buying. It's called criticism. Customer should not be a pelican that swallows everything thrown at him.

I totally agree - we pay our money to get quality products. That is the essence of a business but most gaming companies want to function as a bank where we store our money with minimal returns in terms of offerings.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I totally agree - we pay our money to get quality products. That is the essence of a business but most gaming companies want to function as a bank where we store our money with minimal returns in terms of offerings.

It seems we're giving either our self respect or integrity as collateral for the loans we keep taking out. they loan us fucked up games, if they even can be called that, and we lower our self respect and integrity just a little bit more by buying them. Pretty soon they will have all of it, and more people will be like me.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:49 AM, The Blackangel said:

It seems we're giving either our self respect or integrity as collateral for the loans we keep taking out. they loan us fucked up games, if they even can be called that, and we lower our self respect and integrity just a little bit more by buying them. Pretty soon they will have all of it, and more people will be like me.

Cloud gaming is already gaining a bit of traction in the gaming community and I don't want to have to play a monthly subscription just to play the games I own. It's absolute BS.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:25 AM, skyfire said:

Depends I guess. Calling a good game bad because you don't like it is different than game being actually bad. 

Seriously, I think it's them just letting their bias get the better of them and their judgment which is totally wrong.