Register Now
StaceyPowers

Worst earworms in video games?

What video game songs get stuck in your head most, and which drive you crazy?

I think the absolute worst one for me is the song that plays the entire time you are in Orzammar in Dragon Age: Origins. It is quite an energetic song for something that you have to listen to for such a loooong time, and after hearing it loop enough times, I feel like putting my fist though a wall. It then loops on and on and on while I try to fall asleep at night.

Another one that can get bad is the combat music in Skyrim. Most music in Skyrim does an amazing job not getting stuck in my head or not annoying me of it does, but if I get stuck in combat for like 20-30 minutes in a hard fight and that song has looped the whole time, I find it is super annoying and sticks there for a long while afterward. Thankfully, this doesn’t happen so often that I have felt a need to switch it off, and normally it doesn’t bother me when I just hear it for a couple of minutes.

In general, it seems like compositions which are “active” and “purposeful” are the worst earworms.

Oh, heh, another one that gets stuck in my head relentlessly is “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head” since it is featured so prominently in Fallout: New Vegas. At first that annoyed me, but then I just sort of surrendered to inevitability and eventually stopped caring that it is constantly going through my brain.

@The Blackangel @Alyxx @killamch89 @kingpotato @Crazycrab @Shagger @LadyDay @DylanC @skyfire