Register Now
The Blackangel

Fantasy/Medieval being number one?

Love them and treat them with kindness.

My sperm donor (AKA father) beat me every day of my life to the point that I started sleeping with a loaded rifle when I was 12, until he finally died when I was 18. My egg donor (AKA mother) got her kicks reminding me every day how worthless I am, how stupid I am, and that she wished she had aborted me. The rest of my bloodline, on both sides, joined in for the "fun" as well. My brother and sister however, walked on water. Social situations (school for example) were the same. Abuse (physical, verbal, emotional) was the daily norm for me. I grew up thinking that it was normal and that's just how the world works. I never had one single friend my entire childhood and on into adulthood. I finally mad a friend and we became closer than sisters. We're not lesbians, not that there's anything wrong with that. We actually live together, and I refer to her as "my girl" all the time. When we met and I saw her family love each other, I told her for years that her family was weird. I had never seen anything like that before.

The only person that treated me with any kindness and love was my paternal grandmother. But she never knew the meaning of the word hate. She was the kindest most loving person that ever lived. She would rival any loving god you can think of.

So just love them, and remind them that they have value. Never tear them down. Instead build them up. Encourage them. Don't let them turn out like me. I get pleasure of watching others get hurt, and go through the most extreme pain most can't even fathom.

On the bright side, it made you stronger. And now you are confident on what matters the most in your life. 

On Topic: I recently discovered how visual novelas are writing their own fantasy prompts and converted into the game. It was like multiple people from around the world would add few lines and collectively it creates a new fantasy world on which they write the visual novela games. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Love them and treat them with kindness.

My sperm donor (AKA father) beat me every day of my life to the point that I started sleeping with a loaded rifle when I was 12, until he finally died when I was 18. My egg donor (AKA mother) got her kicks reminding me every day how worthless I am, how stupid I am, and that she wished she had aborted me. The rest of my bloodline, on both sides, joined in for the "fun" as well. My brother and sister however, walked on water. Social situations (school for example) were the same. Abuse (physical, verbal, emotional) was the daily norm for me. I grew up thinking that it was normal and that's just how the world works. I never had one single friend my entire childhood and on into adulthood. I finally mad a friend and we became closer than sisters. We're not lesbians, not that there's anything wrong with that. We actually live together, and I refer to her as "my girl" all the time. When we met and I saw her family love each other, I told her for years that her family was weird. I had never seen anything like that before.

The only person that treated me with any kindness and love was my paternal grandmother. But she never knew the meaning of the word hate. She was the kindest most loving person that ever lived. She would rival any loving god you can think of.

So just love them, and remind them that they have value. Never tear them down. Instead build them up. Encourage them. Don't let them turn out like me. I get pleasure of watching others get hurt, and go through the most extreme pain most can't even fathom.

Sorry you had to go through all that. I can't even pretend to imagine what that must have been like, but I admire your strength and resolve. Just know you have friends here.

The medieval times seem like a more simple era. You fight for a king or religion. You are rich or poor. Heroes rise easier. Today, who is a hero in 6 billion? Who is the true warrior that fights for country? What do you even fight against in today's world with a corrupt banking system; food and pharma monopoly destroying everything natural; and nukes or missiles that can cause mass destruction? Kind of takes 'hero' out of man. And that gives a rise to the age of superheroes. 

But even wizards and magic users in the fantasy genre seem more interesting to me than superman. Why? I don't have a clue. It seems like something that can be taught through studying and apprenticeship, which we can kind of relate to; instead of being born with a super power no one else has. Or even a ring from another dimension or the abyss is more intriguing than another Hitler (ahem). 

And it's so much easier to make a romance out of ancient mystic times rather than a noisy city; or even out in a farm wearing stupid clothes compared to the craftsmanship then. 

Simpler times with an emphasis on beauty and individualism compared to modern times with emphasis on mass marketing and societal approval. 

Swords and shields, raw brutality, strength, bravery, are all more personal than shooting guns and dropping bombs from a plane. Even arrows are more personal because you have to hit a critical spot instead of cannon balling a leg off. Even though cannon balls are a nice delicacy compared to a missile. I would choose to get hit by a missile any day and die instantly. A big cannon ball tumbling through a field of soldiers is horrendous. Humans are disgusting critters. Even raining down arrows is more personal because you see people get hit right next to you and hear their screams. A bomb will shell shock you if you survive. You run for cover. Not when it rains down arrows. You endure the swarm. Fighting hand to hand you depend on your abilities. Even in magic, you learn the craft and depend on your abilities. A machine gun you just rip through the bush. Spray bullets fields away. You don't even see or taste the blood. But when you do, when it sprays in your mouth, you get hungry and you have to be put down now after the taste of blood. Isn't that what they say about dogs and any animal that bites a human? Our blood is so tasty that it drives every mind to madness. To crave more and more. Shooting a missile from a jet, you can go back to base and eat a warm meal. Hacking with an axe, your next meal you leave extra bloody. You can't get enough. When it's you that drew the blood and felt it and tasted it, you won't forget. You don't get the same in a shootout unless you lick a soldier's wound. 😛

On 8/2/2020 at 9:35 AM, KuroInDistress said:

Fantasy is definitely a genre that has a lot of gamers in it who like to roleplay. Fantasy is the most exciting of the roleplay genres, so it's definitely going to have it's fair share of games.

Of the Fantasy game genres, which one happens to be your favorite among the ones that you have played? 

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tops my list.