Register Now
DavidJonBoard

PC game to play in free time at work?

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

To shock you, there are some people who are actually like that. I know someone who lost his job as a result of playing games during work hours and he was found out and sacked. 

I've heard something like this in this forum. The man was simply playing games during working hours and his boss found out and axed him. That's pathetic, such kind of person is still having regressive kind of mentality. 

20 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I've heard something like this in this forum. The man was simply playing games during working hours and his boss found out and axed him. That's pathetic, such kind of person is still having regressive kind of mentality. 

I don't blame his boss.  I hate to sound like a corporate stooge here but in all seriousness, if your at work and it's during your work hours then:

5a23e2c8f6d03a5aac13bbbb229b3c3d.jpg

We all like gaming and I'm sure many of us would rather be doing it then our jobs but gaming is an indulgence, responsibilities come first.  

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't blame his boss.  I hate to sound like a corporate stooge here but in all seriousness, if your at work and it's during your work hours then:

We all like gaming and I'm sure many of us would rather be doing it then our jobs but gaming is an indulgence, responsibilities come first.  

Yeah, working hours are mainly for work and not for mix activities with gaming and the rest. During leisure time especially on break we can game small since we can use it for refreshment too. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Heatman said:

It looks unprofessional when you're playing video games with your work PC at the office. Even if it's during your launch time, it will breed suspicion that you do it even during work hours. 

It will simply be better to shut down any sort of thing called gaming during the work time to avoid distraction and keep the mind free and secure your job from losing it due to sarcastic circumstances that may result from gaming in the office. 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:49 AM, Crazycrab said:

Personally, I wouldn't blame the boss for any reason whatsoever for firing the stupid staff who uses his own time for his personal issues and still want to use his boss office time for playing games too. 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, Justin11 said:

Yeah - it's actually me that shared the story about my friend who lost his job as a result of playing games at work. It's was really so bad of him. 

38 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually me that shared the story about my friend who lost his job as a result of playing games at work. It's was really so bad of him. 

Yes, you're the one, and that's very much careless for your friend not to control his gaming urge while in the office. He should pray to secure a new job in order to cope with the current world hardship. 

34 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, you're the one, and that's very much careless for your friend not to control his gaming urge while in the office. He should pray to secure a new job in order to cope with the current world hardship. 

Seriously, it's was a very disappointing experience for him and he's regretting it but it's too late already as there is no need crying over spilled milk. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's was a very disappointing experience for him and he's regretting it but it's too late already as there is no need crying over spilled milk. 

Their is no need crying over spilled milk is gone is gone. He should learn from his mistake, and never to repeat it when second chance pop-ups, so he wouldn't suffer rest of his life. 

On 10/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, Boblee said:

There was a thing with stealth games that makes them so addictive. I played the game Hitman 3 at work one time and almost got carried away. 

You simply risk your working time with video games. Ask @Heatman to tell you the story that got his friend receiving a matching orders as an employee just because if video games.