Register Now
Kane99

PC cases, fancy or simple?

When it comes to your gaming PC, do you like to have it in a nice fancy case? Or do you want to just keep it in a simple, yet practical case? I currently have a simple Cougar PC case that is black and grey. I'll have to take a picture of my desk one of these days when it's cleaned up. Anyway, discuss what kind of case you use for your PCs. 

Also, sometimes I feel using an old case is fun. Put in a good PC in a crappy old case. A good way to surprise people. 😄 

I prefer plain looking cases, not overdesigned plastic RGB monsters. For me even a simple window is too much. I'd prefer not to have that either.

I like experimenting with cases so I've tried quite a few.

I currently use a Silverstone FT05, which I quite like and will probably keep for a long time for my primary PC.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I prefer plain looking cases, not overdesigned plastic RGB monsters. For me even a simple window is too much. I'd prefer not to have that either.

I like experimenting with cases so I've tried quite a few.

I currently use a Silverstone FT05, which I quite like and will probably keep for a long time for my primary PC.

Same here. I'm not really into flashy over-the-top case either.

I originally was thinking of using an old PC case, from like windows 95 days. The only issue is, I was unsure if the motherboard and other peripherals wouldn't fit right. I think if I ever decide to build a new PC and have money to throw away, I'll build in an old case. At least that way, no one would steal if it I ever get robbed lol. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It doesn't really matter to me, as long as I'm not paying extra for a fancy case. The PC I'm using now has one side that's clear and neon lights on the fans. But I would be happy with it if it was in an old white case from the Win95 era.

I don't think those cases could hold any modern graphics cards though as they're pretty massive compared to back in the day...

Cases can be very important, not just the look and the design but how the airflow is and what's available inside the case regards the drive slots. My old case that I still got was a full ATX case with a slide clear panel on the side. Cooler master storm trooper. Great case and it was able to take 8 drive slots and it was big to add three GPUs. However it was old outdated style and it was far to big. 

Now, this is the case that I have  🙂 

DSC00176.thumb.JPG.13928cd5c69b2cc3fb79b0c1f44c4aaf.JPG

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

That case looks pretty cool and also I loved that color. 

Thanks, It's fully RGB, Three fans on the case, Ram sticks, CPU cooler, Motherboard, GPU and also have RGB strip lights. It's all RGB and I can have any colours or patterns that I want. At times it cost more for the RGB side of things more then the other gear. Customization is also not cheap.

39 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I'll say 50% fancy & 50% simple. Mine's quite simple, but looks like a gaming case.

Agree, want something that shows your hardware and your gear inside as well as having a nice case that has very good airflow. I don't like cases that take up spaces and things sticking out as part of the case design and it's just pointless. 

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Thanks, It's fully RGB, Three fans on the case, Ram sticks, CPU cooler, Motherboard, GPU and also have RGB strip lights. It's all RGB and I can have any colours or patterns that I want. At times it cost more for the RGB side of things more then the other gear. Customization is also not cheap.

Agree, want something that shows your hardware and your gear inside as well as having a nice case that has very good airflow. I don't like cases that take up spaces and things sticking out as part of the case design and it's just pointless. 

Exactly!! Good point.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, Empire said:

How much total expenses went? In USD? 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

How much total expenses went? In USD? 

In total in USA around $2500 give or take. I mean some parts not going to be worth much like when it was new but most parts that I have are not even year old anyway. and not to mention still can get them on amazon for full price and new.