Register Now
Kane99

Why aren't there more games with Santa as the main character?

The holidays are here and it got me thinking, we don't really see many games where Santa is the main character, actually I don't recall there ever being a game where you can be Santa. I think it'd be cool to see a game featuring Santa, but not in his setting. So maybe a Santa game where it's like GTA and open world. The purpose of the game is to deliver gifts, but you have to deal with all kinds of obstacles or something. 

Idk, I think it'd be funny to see more games featuring a character like Santa. What do you guys think? I bet Steam has some games featuring him as a playable character. 😄

Santa? What we talking here - a fitness game where the goal is to get Santa from a big belly to six pack abs? 😹 Or how many presents you can deliver in a single night? It features an alert system where kids might raise an alarm if they see you take the milk and cookies after dropping off the presents...I'm sorry but that's the best I could do.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Santa? What we talking here - a fitness game where the goal is to get Santa from a big belly to six pack abs? 😹 Or how many presents you can deliver in a single night? It features an alert system where kids might raise an alarm if they see you take the milk and cookies after dropping off the presents...I'm sorry but that's the best I could do.

lol, maybe. Could be a possibility. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think any serious game can't take such pagan fantasies seriously as those were designed for commercialize purpose so hard to see how it works out. 

I don't see why not. It's not like Santa is copyrighted by anyone. So you can go to town and do whatever you want with the Santa character. So the ideas are endless if you think about it. Just look at the various tv shows and movies with people playing Santa. No one seems to care. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

GTA, yes going around being Mr Santa mod 🙂 why not? That's a good GTA character that you can be or do.. But end of the day it's mods for GTA series. GTA 5 mostly. 🙂

Hell, going around shooting snow at people 😛 

I think a Santa open world game, that plays like GTA would be awesome. Not a mod in itself, but an actual game, where you play as Santa. Idk. I just feel like it'd be fun to have a game people can revisit every Christmas season. I don't think there's a good game like that out there. At least not yet. 

On 12/12/2020 at 9:02 AM, Empire said:

GTA, yes going around being Mr Santa mod 🙂 why not? That's a good GTA character that you can be or do.. But end of the day it's mods for GTA series. GTA 5 mostly. 🙂

Hell, going around shooting snow at people 😛 

I did the same! I even had a "giveaway" on GTA online but the car had an ignition bomb so when they started up the car, they're blown to a million pieces. 

25 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Sadly I think it's too seasonal. If you bring Santa, why not make Easter Bunny, etc. as a main character (which can make the story or genre kind of fade away).

@Kane99. This is a stupid topic. Syntax is right, you may as well ask why more games don't feature the Easter Bunny. You knew the answer before you even asked the question.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:11 PM, Shagger said:

@Kane99. This is a stupid topic. Syntax is right, you may as well ask why more games don't feature the Easter Bunny. You knew the answer before you even asked the question.

Hmm🤔, looks like it provided some discussion. Even if it's seasonal, we don't normally see games featuring Santa as a main character. We see movies, tv, and all that. So I figured why not, start a topic about it. Plus it was during the holiday season when I started this topic anyway. Better question is, why would anyone respond to a topic about Santa in February? 😄

Edited by Kane99

On 12/13/2020 at 1:02 AM, Kane99 said:

I don't see why not. It's not like Santa is copyrighted by anyone. So you can go to town and do whatever you want with the Santa character. So the ideas are endless if you think about it. Just look at the various tv shows and movies with people playing Santa. No one seems to care. 

The thing is you need supply and demand point there. it's not copyright problem but more or less expectation of certain character in relevant place.