Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever have the PSone with the screen?

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I wasn't a gamer when the play station one was trending, I started playing in the PS2 era, which captivated me joining the PS space. 

This is my experience too as I wasn't that into gaming when the Playstation One was trending. I got my Playstation 2 when it came out and I've not looked back since then. 

12 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

This is my experience too as I wasn't that into gaming when the Playstation One was trending. I got my Playstation 2 when it came out and I've not looked back since then. 

Oh yeah, that's interesting to hear from you. You're a PS mate, we started from the PS2 era. And since then too, I never looked back. 

21 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

The PS One with the screen even looks more odd as well. It's like you guys never got to see that one as well? 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Oh yeah, that's interesting to hear from you. You're a PS mate, we started from the PS2 era. And since then too, I never looked back. 

Yep! Playstation consoles have got to be my favorites since I got on gaming and the fact stays that most of my pals here have same preferences too.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:54 AM, Kane99 said:

I had the original fat PS1 as a kid, but always wanted the slim PS1 and the little screen that you could get with it. I always thought it was so cool and always bugged my dad to get me one, but he always said no because we already had the fat PS1 lol. 

One of these days I'll have to find a used one, but I mainly want the screen to go with it too. Just want it for my collection at this point. 

How were the screens for the PS One's? 

The screen for the PS One was better than any of the non-official ones you could get at the time. It's not amazing by modern standards. But, if you've ever played the Sega Nomad, it's way better than that. I have one. I'm too wiped out right now to go digging for it. But if it happens to be in the top box in the closet when I have more energy, I'll gladly take that out and plug it in to confirm. It probably still works.

13 minutes ago, JennyorAlice said:

My older brother had a PS1 but I don't remember it having a screen on it.  It was always hooked up to the tv in his room. 

The OP is refering to a specific model of the PSone called the PSone Combo. It was a small version of the PSone with a built in screen that flipped up like a laptop. Since nobody has bothered to post an image of one, I suppose I'll do so now.

EGXm7BaU8AIRoie.thumb.jpg.10b95eb2771d70e00bd4310f7e7042d9.jpg

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

The OP is refering to a specific model of the PSone called the PSone Combo. It was a small version of the PSone with a built in screen that flipped up like a laptop. Since nobody has bothered to post an image of one, I suppose I'll do so now.

EGXm7BaU8AIRoie.thumb.jpg.10b95eb2771d70e00bd4310f7e7042d9.jpg

Whenever I see this PSone Combo, it always reminds me of the old Portable DVD Player. One of my cousin brother still make use of it. 1386812214_images(7).jpeg.669698b271c6de6dc20597bbcb0fe6de.jpeg

On 7/7/2022 at 6:56 PM, Heatman said:

Whenever I see this PSone Combo, it always reminds me of the old Portable DVD Player. One of my cousin brother still make use of it. 1386812214_images(7).jpeg.669698b271c6de6dc20597bbcb0fe6de.jpeg

That's automatically what I think of as well, especially since I think portable DVD players took inspiration from it back then. 

I've always wanted to own the PSOne with the screen. But I can only imagine how pricey the have gotten these days because of collectors.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's automatically what I think of as well, especially since I think portable DVD players took inspiration from it back then. 

I've always wanted to own the PSOne with the screen. But I can only imagine how pricey the have gotten these days because of collectors.

You're very correct about how expensive the PSOne with the screen is right now. The last time I looked for one on ebay, the cheapest I saw it sold was for $95. There was a new one listed that goes for $547 and $551. Isn't that's insane!!! 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're very correct about how expensive the PSOne with the screen is right now. The last time I looked for one on ebay, the cheapest I saw it sold was for $95. There was a new one listed that goes for $547 and $551. Isn't that's insane!!! 

Well considering that is new, that's probably not a bad price. I don't know what the PSOne goes for new, but I imagine it isn't cheap. If you can get a used one for $95, that too sounds quite cheap considering. I just checked ebay myself, and the used market for them are a bit pricier than what you saw last time. Most of the ones with screens are going for over $100, around $140 or so for a few of them. 

I looked at brand new, and the price seems consistent around $450-$500, but there are some going for $2500 for some reason, maybe it's a different model or make idk. 

On 8/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, Kane99 said:

Well considering that is new, that's probably not a bad price. I don't know what the PSOne goes for new, but I imagine it isn't cheap. If you can get a used one for $95, that too sounds quite cheap considering. I just checked ebay myself, and the used market for them are a bit pricier than what you saw last time. Most of the ones with screens are going for over $100, around $140 or so for a few of them. 

I looked at brand new, and the price seems consistent around $450-$500, but there are some going for $2500 for some reason, maybe it's a different model or make idk. 

If it's going for $95 that's definitely a good price though, I know the console is old but when it was originally released it cost way more than that.