Register Now
StaceyPowers

Keeping pets off of consoles

If the PS5 has to stand upright, perhaps some sort of decorative book-ends for the cat to rub herself on rather than the console might help it from tipping over. Alas I'm not too familiar with the console so I don't know how heavy it is and if it can support a cat/book-ends being near it. If it has to be horizontal I'm wondering if some sort of stand the size of the PS5 could cover it? Not very aesthetically pleasing I grant you, but if it means the console and/or cat don't set on fire from being sat on, it might be worth considering.

Can't say I've had this problem with my cat, though she always liked to sit on my lap while I was on the laptop. Mythic dungeons with her 'help' were always fun. Turns out there's more than one reason to play World of Warcraft with one arm free!

Gotta discipline ‘em. It’ll take time because cats are very persistent.

I recommend either water spray bottles or little spankings and don’t get lazy. If you see them on any place you don’t want them to be, get them. Eventually, they’ll stop. It’s how cats to stop getting on places.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, StaceyPowers said:

My cat doesn’t mess with my PS3 because It is under a low desk and she cannot squeeze under there, but the only spot I can think of for my future PS5 will be an area she frequents. Those of you with pets, how do you keep your pets off of your consoles?

I'm a dog person and my Jack knows very well that my Playstation 4 console is off limits to his playing or whatever. It's an X zone for him and he respects that boundary. 

31 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I'm a dog person and my Jack knows very well that my Playstation 4 console is off limits to his playing or whatever. It's an X zone for him and he respects that boundary. 

Same with my dogs, they hardly touch anything in my house even though they primarily sleep and spend most of their time outdoors.

19 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Same with my dogs, they hardly touch anything in my house even though they primarily sleep and spend most of their time outdoors.

Seriously, I think it's got to do with training you gave to your pet it follows to the latter. My boy loves cat to me that loves dogs. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I think it's got to do with training you gave to your pet it follows to the latter. My boy loves cat to me that loves dogs. 

Yeah - you have to teach them from a young age what is off limits so that they won't touch it...

27 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - you have to teach them from a young age what is off limits so that they won't touch it...

Exactly. It's how my Jack was brought up and till date, he never disappointed me with both his indoor and outdoor behavior. 

On 12/23/2020 at 2:36 AM, StaceyPowers said:

My cat doesn’t mess with my PS3 because It is under a low desk and she cannot squeeze under there, but the only spot I can think of for my future PS5 will be an area she frequents. Those of you with pets, how do you keep your pets off of your consoles?

Yeah, it is important to ensure that the pets remain at a safer distance. I have placed PS4 at a height which is not reachable by the my doggo that easily. Even after playing games, I put my controller in drawers so that he can't play with it. 😂

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, it is important to ensure that the pets remain at a safer distance. I have placed PS4 at a height which is not reachable by the my doggo that easily. Even after playing games, I put my controller in drawers so that he can't play with it. 😂

I have seen where cats climb shelves and drag stuffs down and even some dogs too. It's all about how you allow your pet to behave that will entirely determine whether it stays calm at home.