Register Now
Steerminator

Hi, I'm new here. I've been a video game fanatic all my life. Switching over from another game forum

Hi everybody.  I'm not sure if coming to this forum (or another forum period) was the right choice or not, but I'm trying it out for now to test the waters.  As I said I've been a video game fanatic all my life.  I started with the NES when I was 5 years old, and now I'm 34, so... yeah.  I like most genres of games, but my favorites tend to be RPGs and Action/Adventure style games.

For the last couple months I've been addicted to this game called Genshin Impact.  Its really strange, for me, for there to be a whole genre of video game I've never heard of, but I've learned that there is:  Gacha (or as people often like to call them, "mobile", which kind of annoys me because Mobile is a platform, not a genre).  I learned (and am in a sense still learning) all about this mobile and Gacha stuff from the other forum that I'm coming from, which is actually the official forum for Genshin Impact.  Its a game that I recognize as having a great many serious flaws (apparently almost all of which are typical traits of these "Gacha" games), but I like the positives of it too much to stop playing entirely.

Basically, my reason for wanting to come to a different gaming forum (and a more general one) is because I feel like I've gotten attached to coming online to the forum and talking about the game I'm playing regularly.  But maybe half of the people there seem to have a completely different mindset towards video games than I do, like they've never played "normal' video games before (even though many of them claim they have).  I've been the recipient of much adversity and even hostility for simply attempting to constructively criticize the aspects of the game I dont like, even though I spend just as much time talking about the things I do like, or talking about things that maybe could be improved.

I guess my hope was that at a more general forum, people would be likely to be more like me, and see things more the way I do, and most importantly, not be dicks when I share an opinion that people don't like.

Welcome to VGR, friend. You need not fear such hostility here. We're a fairly small, but tight community with respect for each others views, even if we disagree from time to time. Always a pleasure to welcome someone new and if have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. 

I did play Genshin Impact got a little while there, but life kind of got in the way. Perhaps I should get back into it. 

Some people will be rather cold, but it's not meant as rudeness. It's just the way we (myself included) are. There are some of us that are difficult to interact with, but the staff do a good job of keeping things as civil as possible. So no need to worry about any kind of hostility. Sure there are a couple dicks, but with a forum this size it's more or less to be expected.

You will find a wealth of knowledge of pretty much all gaming here. From classic gamers, to those ready for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. There's pretty much nothing that can't be answered here.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I guess my hope was that at a more general forum, people would be likely to be more like me, and see things more the way I do, and most importantly, not be dicks when I share an opinion that people don't like.

Welcome to the forum! This is one of the most tight-knit communities I've found since back in the early 2000s online =D You're in a great place 🙂