Register Now
Cumulus

In-App Purchases in Games?

39 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The most aggressive microtransaction systems I've seen are always on mobile platforms. The worst part about it is that it doesn't get anywhere near the same kind of attention as games on consoles or PC.

Yeah, it's attention can't be compared to consoles type, but yet, the rate of it's micro-transactions are way to high. I know how much I do spend  buying in-game items done times, making me to deviate a little bit from playing it's MMO game or doing some upgrade. 

6 hours ago, egghead said:

I make in game purchases to level up, buy new armors and weapons, etc. It is fun

Once I have the money to do so and I don't have any pressing needs at hand, I'm definitely going to get them. 

33 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If it's cheaper, and requires me to do such purchase before enjoying the game more, definitely I'll upgrade. 

You see, that's the trap!  They design the games to be a grind and not fun unless you pay to skip the grind.  They design a problem then sell you the solution.  In other words the game is not only shit, it's shit on purpose!

This is why I despise micro-transactions so much.  There is not one circumstance where their inclusion has made a game better to play.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Once I have the money to do so and I don't have any pressing needs at hand, I'm definitely going to get them. 

I don't suggest anyone to spend a lot of money in in-game purchases, however, buying various items once in a while adds fun to your gaming experience.

18 minutes ago, egghead said:

I don't suggest anyone to spend a lot of money in in-game purchases, however, buying various items once in a while adds fun to your gaming experience.

If you need to spend money to have fun then the game sucks!

31 minutes ago, egghead said:

Overspending is never an option. I have other things that needs money attend. I would just spend on the important items on the game. 

Apart from using my mobile data to play online mobile games, I don't think i can remember anytime i did an upgrade or purchased items online using my credit/debit card. As for consoles it is viable that way, but not often, because i hate micro-transactions. 

12 minutes ago, egghead said:

What kind of statement is that? Do you mean to say all paid games sucks?

No, what I mean is if the game is designed in such a way that you need to spend extra money to make it better, then the game itself has been compromised by design in order to encourage you to pay.  If they weren't comprising it and your having fun then you wouldn't buy any of the microtransactions, see what I mean?

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

You see, that's the trap!  They design the games to be a grind and not fun unless you pay to skip the grind.  They design a problem then sell you the solution.  In other words the game is not only shit, it's shit on purpose!

This is why I despise micro-transactions so much.  There is not one circumstance where their inclusion has made a game better to play.

Their is nothing positive around micro transactions, not majority of gamers love such, I don't like it at all. It is income consuming to me. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:30 PM, egghead said:

Now I understand what I mean. In game purchases are not mandatory but I think sometimes buying power, new armor, etc, doubles the fun.

There are some games that they make it impossible for you to win unless you pay to twin. I believe that's why he's trying to stress out on.