Register Now
Kane99

Kids games that were actually good?

Do you guys remember of any kids only games that were actually good? And I'm speaking of games made for kids, like education games, or really kid friends stuff like Sesame Street, Blues Clues, or some other random kid property. Are there any kids games you'd play today? I honestly can't think of anything made just for children, or babies lol, that was any good. I think there was a Barbie game on the NES that was actually pretty good, but I forget. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think there was a Barbie game on the NES that was actually pretty good, but I forget. 

There's some good comedic material in the Barbie animated stuff, and in one of the PC video games I seem to recall? Not that I make a habit of watching it, I just see stills in memes. Honest.

Ahem. In terms of educational games I only remember Reader Rabbit and Rayman Junior. There wasn't much choice in the UK for such games compared to the US, which had Carmen Sandiago among other intellectual properties. Other than that I can't think of anything for super young audiences. When I think of children's games I typically think of the Disney platformers on PS1 (Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, Tarzan) or more recent ones like A Hat in Time or Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair.

Fruit ninja, subway surfers, temple run were meant for kids. But then they evolved and had their own type of the genre. I remember a lot of kids based mobile games evolved to be more for the adults due to the complexity and difficulty. 

I played a lot of Barbie games as a kid that I really liked. I remember one, can't think of the name of it, but it was a mystery game, and the culprit was randomized every time you played it. I can't imagine how that would have worked from a storytelling perspective, but it gave it a decent amount of replay value. 

I also played an insane amount of Barbie Horseback Riding Club. Just, so much. 

One game I remembered playing as a kid and liking was the Rugrats PS1 game. It's probably not good by today's standards, but I really enjoyed it as a kid. 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:50 AM, skyfire said:

Fruit ninja, subway surfers, temple run were meant for kids. But then they evolved and had their own type of the genre. I remember a lot of kids based mobile games evolved to be more for the adults due to the complexity and difficulty. 

Played a few of those games. They're good for some mindless fun for a bit, but get boring after a while. 

Banjo Kazooie was a childrens game. It was popular with adults too, but was specifically aimed at the child demographic. A few others were some of the most classic games like Frogger, Q*Bert, DigDug, Donkey Kong, and Pac-Man.

Hell, Conker's Bad Fur Day started out as a children's game until the developers got bored and started getting perverted with it as a joke. But then they kept with that idea and direction, and now we have the masterpiece and King of video game perversion that it is.

Edited by The Blackangel

What age, 5 to 10 year old. As A kid wasn't much into gaming. But can list of good games that I known about. Did not played it all though. 

• Soulcalibur
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Parasol Stars
  • Twins
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
  • Mario Tennis
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Tekken 7
  • Mario Kart Wii