Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you adapt your play style to less skilled opponents?

I don't see a reason to baby anyone. It doesn't work that way in the real world, so I don't see any logic for it to be that way in gaming either. A false sense of security and accomplishment is more detrimental than a hard lesson learned. If they're babied they will never improve. Go full force. If they don't like it, fuck them. They can whine about it to their mommy.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

I don't see a reason to baby anyone. It doesn't work that way in the real world, so I don't see any logic for it to be that way in gaming either. A false sense of security and accomplishment is more detrimental than a hard lesson learned. If they're babied they will never improve. Go full force. If they don't like it, fuck them. They can whine about it to their mommy.

Remind me to never cross your path! lol

A weaker AI opponent I sometimes practice with or experiment with new skills, moves, potions, or counter attacks. I always suck at countering because I'm always attacking. 

I just go all in out to the max of what experience that I have, and never know still can get beating. If it's a active FPS game then they learn fast if they go all in, if i's not that kind of game but rather a flight sim then that's differnt, rather then help if they need it. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, StaceyPowers said:

When playing someone less skilled than you, do you go easy on them or not? If it is a friend, I usually will reduce my skill to just slightly better than theirs to try and help them learn without frustrating them.

Personally, I don't like playing against a noob. They are not fun to play for me but if I must, I'd go average on the player.