Register Now
22_22

When did you first start playing PC games?

On 1/25/2022 at 11:11 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

I first started playing when I was 13 on my parent's PC. I would play Roller Coaster Tycoon Loopy Landscape and Zoo Tycoon.

Tycoon series of the games and the simulators are the best even today. They can be fun when you have time to burn.

15 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Tycoon series of the games and the simulators are the best even today. They can be fun when you have time to burn.

Seriously, that's very correct. Any gamer who's really into PC games would definitely love playing Tycoon series. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Prison tycoon type games have dedicated userbase though. I am not sure how many people love playing this long term. But there are takers definitely.

Yeah, the long term play is the point where it's most likely a turn off for most people who are into playing the game. 

First PC game I remember playing was probably something for the commodore 64. But I don't remember any games. 

First game I do remember is probably that impossible contraptions or whatever it was called. Played that in school a ton growing up. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't play PC games with my own device, but I played on my cousin's PC device, and trying to raise money  to get my own PC device soon, so I will be going to play it there.

What was the most difficult thing for you to adapt to when playing with your cousin's PC and what's the first game you ever played on it? 

If I remember correctly, the first time I played any PC games was sometime around 8th grade. Which would be somewhere around 1992-1993 roughly. I'm not certain though. It may have been the previous school year.

My memory is all but gone. No immediate memory at all, almost no short term memory, and very little long term memory.

Due to drug abuse, and head trauma I have missing gray matter. Let this be a lesson to stay the hell away from drugs people. You don't want to end up like me. To those with children, make sure they understand. The only exception I would make is medical marijuana, as I have a MM card also. Otherwise, leave it be.

Edited by The Blackangel

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If I remember correctly, the first time I played any PC games was sometime around 8th grade. Which would be somewhere around 1992-1993 roughly. I'm not certain though. It may have been the previous school year.

My memory is all but gone. No immediate memory at all, almost no short term memory, and very little long term memory.

Due to drug abuse, and head trauma I have missing gray matter. Let this be a lesson to stay the hell away from drugs people. You don't want to end up like me. To those with children, make sure they understand. The only exception I would make is medical marijuana, as I have a MM card also. Otherwise, leave it be.

It's the abuse of the medical marijuana that worries me most of the time because some people don't know when they go off the rails with it. 

It's the same with any drug, legal or not. Caffeine is a stimulant. Alcohol is a downer. Nicotine is a downer. Everyone's drug is different, and the effects can be serious if not kept in check. I drink a 2 liter Diet Pepsi every day. If I don't have the constant caffeine flow into my body, things tend to get bad. I have an addiction to caffeine. People will argue it, but it's just as addictive as anything else out there.

However that is all entirely irrelevant, as that is not what this topic is about. Let's get back to topic. If anyone wants to discuss the finer points of addiction, you can do so in the Debate/Politics/Religion subforum.

Edited by The Blackangel