Register Now
Kane99

You guys remember the Paperboy games?

Ah Paperboy. I remember loving Paperboy 2 as a kid. I remember getting frustrated with the game back then, and never beat it. I still don't think I ever beat it. Then again I don't think I played it in the last 20 years. 

Remember the Paperboy 64 game? I remember renting it with an N64 back in the 90s and I remember playing it a bit. I don't remember if it was any good though. 

I didn't realise there was more than one, so the other two are news to me. I enjoyed the first one a fair bit on the Xbox Live Arcade, I think it was, though I wasn't all that good and didn't make it far. I reckon if I were offered the chance to play it again today I would find myself trying to do better!

2 hours ago, staticradio725 said:

I'm a relatively young gamer, and the only reason I've ever heard of it was because it got namedropped in a Starbomb song once and I googled it to see what it was. Ah how times change.

Nice! I dig me some Starbomb! 🙂 

21 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I didn't realise there was more than one, so the other two are news to me. I enjoyed the first one a fair bit on the Xbox Live Arcade, I think it was, though I wasn't all that good and didn't make it far. I reckon if I were offered the chance to play it again today I would find myself trying to do better!

I grew up with the second game myself. I can see it being kind of forgotten, as it wasn't the greatest series by any means. I just have nostalgia for it. 

I remember playing Paperboy on the Super Nintendo at my friend's house. It was the first version I ever played too, and thought it was pretty cool. I never played the later titles though, I have tried out the Genesis version a bit too and thought it was fun.

You know it took me until today to remember what Paperboy was. I had it for the NES when I was a wee lad. It was a very fun game to pick up and play. The highest score I remember getting on it was like 15000.

I remember the paperboy games very well but I only played them a few times and not as much as many I remember did. 

I am also someone who didn't know there was more than one, going to have to take a look now and check those out. 

7 hours ago, Shortie said:

I remember the paperboy games very well but I only played them a few times and not as much as many I remember did. 

I am also someone who didn't know there was more than one, going to have to take a look now and check those out. 

Neither did I. Well, I'm lying - I did know about SNES game but the others I wasn't aware of. Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo brought this series back for whatever reason?

On 5/23/2024 at 1:12 AM, killamch89 said:

Neither did I. Well, I'm lying - I did know about SNES game but the others I wasn't aware of. Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo brought this series back for whatever reason?

I have heard many say they would like to see the series come back so it would be awesome to see it. So far nothing has been mentioned about it making a come back but hopefully one day we may see it. 

Posted (edited)

The Paperboy games made sense in the 80's and early 90's because video game were more kid focused, but not now.  Gamers these days want to save fantastical worlds, fight Dragons, become crime lords and kill Nazi's.  I'm not saying the games were bad, there creative with the idea and there was skill and strategy to them, but nobody has an empowering fantasy about delivering newspapers, a dying media that the world doesn't even embrace anymore.

Edited by Shagger