Register Now
killamch89

Videogame Characters That You Can Totally Relate To

For instance, I can relate to Dante's laid-back attitude although he tends to do this to throw off his opponents but also because why take everything so serious. I'm a bit like that as well, like why take most things so seriously? It isn't that deep. Sometimes you have to really loosen up a bit and I find that when I'm at my best is when I just relax and have some fun. What about you - what character can you totally relate to?

On 3/17/2021 at 10:37 PM, Patrik said:

Niko Bellic, as someone who had to leave his country to start from scratch, i can relate to him and the things he's living as a new person in the states!

Nico is on of the least relatable characters to me (as are most rockstar characters). I mean he is an aimless henchman. Takes any job, would swim in sewage for 10 bucks even after getting a ton of money off various bigger jobs, no way i can relate to that. 

Might be a cop out, but Noble 6 from Halo: Reach. I know he's supposed to be the "you" character, and that you're supposed to project yourself into him, but his unspoken actions are what make me like the character so much. The decision to stay on reach after your entire team is picked off one by one, fighting a hopeless battle, the decision to stay back and man the MAC cannon to gun down the covenant corvette and that final scene we get to see of him, not a single word spoken and so much is said about that character.

18 hours ago, m76 said:

Nico is on of the least relatable characters to me (as are most rockstar characters). I mean he is an aimless henchman. Takes any job, would swim in sewage for 10 bucks even after getting a ton of money off various bigger jobs, no way i can relate to that. 

not really, he had lot of goals, once of them is to take revenge from the guy in the town who betrayed him and got his friends killed and other goals that he started having once he spent some days in LC

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

not really, he had lot of goals, once of them is to take revenge from the guy in the town who betrayed him and got his friends killed and other goals that he started having once he spent some days in LC

Really? What goals. He was just an aimless drifter following anyone who happened to cross his path. After he got his "revenge" he still did the same small time petty stuff as before, no change. I cannot relate to that at all.  Both Luis and Johnny are infinitely more relatable as protagonists than niko.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Patrik said:

Niko Bellic, as someone who had to leave his country to start from scratch, i can relate to him and the things he's living as a new person in the states!

I have a refugee friend from Haiti and he had to go through the same thing. It's a pretty tough experience and he barely spoke any English when I first met him so I had  to help him out.

11 hours ago, m76 said:

After he got his "revenge" he still did the same small time petty stuff as before, no change.

well, what revenge you are talking about ? the first one? if yes, then that's not a must, it's optional as you can spare the guy, the storyline is pretty complicated as there was no specific main goal for him to move to LC (lot of reasons actually, one of them, his cousin being a liar and fooling him in mails to make him join him in the states), but that's exactly the same routine you live in every GTA game, you work to whoever pays more