Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here ever been a game admin?

I was an admin in a server of GTA San Andreas Multiplayer back in 2016, was fun helping people, but you don't earn anything and you are pushed to dedicate more time for administration duties than playing, so i resigned 😛

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

I was an admin in a server of GTA San Andreas Multiplayer back in 2016, was fun helping people, but you don't earn anything and you are pushed to dedicate more time for administration duties than playing, so i resigned 😛

I could tell it would be time-consuming and stressing because you have to ensure that you keep the kids in check as well as the toxic members.

In virtually all the guilds I've been a part of in World of Warcraft have I obtained an officer rank. I guess that's some sort of administrative privilege. Thankfully it's not required much in the way of drama, but overseeing guild "merges" causes me to taste sick in my mouth every time I recall them.

But as for a server admin.... not that I recall, no.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, Withywarlock said:

In virtually all the guilds I've been a part of in World of Warcraft have I obtained an officer rank. I guess that's some sort of administrative privilege. Thankfully it's not required much in the way of drama, but overseeing guild "merges" causes me to taste sick in my mouth every time I recall them.

I swear that every time I play some sort of game with guilds, I always get chosen as the leader or vice leader at some point. I remember when I was in Eden Eternal and I joined some random guild and the leader was about to quit and he just randomly handed me the leader position. Because of the type of person I am, I didn't disband the guild as he wished. Instead I tried to get them to vote for a leader from the members that were there and they still chose me lol.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, killamch89 said:

I could tell it would be time-consuming and stressing because you have to ensure that you keep the kids in check as well as the toxic members.

not only that, but those servers owners don't appreciate the effort you are spending and act like d*cks to you later after resigning, so it's not really worth it

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

not only that, but those servers owners don't appreciate the effort you are spending and act like d*cks to you later after resigning, so it's not really worth it

They feel like you should put everything else on pause just for their servers and they're not compensating you. It's always the people who aren't paying for services always want the most.

I have but more I think about it I I been a member more then anything. One of the FiveM Rolepaying server I was on I had permissions to remove and delet and spawn things. Year ago when I was running a GTA 4 Roleplaying couunty I had full powers LOL then again I was the owner.

THen 3 weeks, for Eco server and that was closed down. 

I was a game officer in another community a few years back. That included forum duties, a role in member commincaties between the fourm, PC and console users and led an MMO guild on Neverwinter for the community for a while. I liked it, but that community stated to sink and grew more toxic. Ended up getting myself banned for questioning the way the community was being managed. I enjoyed it at first, but good riddence to 'em. I'm much happier here. 

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

I was a game officer in another community a few years back. That included forum duties, a role in member commincaties between the fourm, PC and console users and led an MMO guild on Neverwinter for the community for a while. I liked it, but that community stated to sink and grew more toxic. Ended up getting myself banned for questioning the way the community was being managed. I enjoyed it at first, but good riddence to 'em. I'm much happier here. 

I used to play Neverwinter back in the day as well but I lost interest after a while. How long were you there for? 

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I used to play Neverwinter back in the day as well but I lost interest after a while. How long were you there for? 

2-3 years, but I only ran the Neverwinter clan for a few months. 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:42 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Has anyone here ever been an administrator in any sort of digital game?

Seriously, being an administrator in a gaming platform isn't something that I have any kind of flair for because it's definitely going to very tiring for me dealing with a lot of people.