Register Now
Patrik

things you regretted doing as a kid when gaming

For me, it was skipping cutscenes, i was doing it because you know, as a kid, all you want to do is game game game, storylines didn't matter back then, which made me replay lot of childhood games just to know what they are about (when i grew up enough to understand English).

what about you?

Playing to much Halo first game seies back from 2005,somehow still playing it when one of the story missions got missions and it was bypassing it. And yet still playing the game over and over time again. 

I still skip cutscenes in certain games especially when they drag on for ages - my biggest regret while gaming as a kid is the amount of useless accessories I used to buy for my consoles. For instance, I had...the power glove - I still didn't understand why I even bought that piece of trash in the first place lol.

They marketed shit well. That’s why you had the power glove.

For me my biggest regret was not taking my time to experiment. I would blow through a game and not try different things.

For example, now I know how to junction magic and abilities in FF8 to make my characters virtually invincible. 20 years ago I had no clue, because I didn’t take the time.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I still didn't understand why I even bought that piece of trash in the first place lol.

Because you obviously were a kid 😀, what did you expect xD

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

because I didn’t take the time.

Thats why i was skipping cutscenes

There was a time where it was super easy to scam other players in the MMO Maplestory. It was a trading scam to get others to trade you their best items in exchange for nothing of yours. I regret scamming others and getting scammed myself 😅

19 hours ago, Patrik said:

Because you obviously were a kid 😀, what did you expect xD

It's true, I have bought several stupid stuff because I saw it in a Nintendo commercial - it's a good thing I've gotten over their brainwashing lol

21 hours ago, Family sedan said:

My biggest regret was skipping intros, but that can be remedied by playing the next day.

I still do that occasionally especially if it drags on forever.

14 hours ago, lludawg said:

I regret scamming others

14 hours ago, lludawg said:

and getting scammed myself 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's true, I have bought several stupid stuff because I saw it in a Nintendo commercial - it's a good thing I've gotten over their brainwashing lol

On 5/13/2021 at 2:47 AM, Family sedan said:

Damn, that surely makes you remember seeing yourself like this when looking at the mirror xD

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ip200YA.jpg[/img]

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I play almost all my games with the sound off these days. I'm not sure why. I think the only game I play with the sound on is RDR2, oddly enough.

i have a cousin who actually never plays with sounds in games for some reason, i thought it's a weird thing